Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Defence Force. PSP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd love a copy, but can't really be shelling too much out on expensive imports at the moment :(

Have only played 2017, though, and have always been dying to try this jetpack everyone speaks so fondly of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love a copy, but can't really be shelling too much out on expensive imports at the moment :(

Have only played 2017, though, and have always been dying to try this jetpack everyone speaks so fondly of.

It's not just the jetpack girl that makes it so good. There's over twice the levels, 4 times the weapons, twice the variety of enemies and loads of new bosses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's over twice the levels, 4 times the weapons, twice the variety of enemies and loads of new bosses.

The latter two are exciting, but there was so much crap to collect and levels to finish in 2017 it got tiresome towards the end :pac:

This does look to have much much more variety though, which was a major downfall of 2017.

Favourite part of the series remains the B-Movie awfulness though. I remember flying a helicopter up to the highest point, jumping out, falling for like a minute, and then landing without any health consequences. Brilliant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the variety in the levels stops it getting tiresome. Also there's a lot less crappy underground levels in this one. Also playing as the Jetpack makes it a completely different game.

As for B-movie crappiness, there's plenty in this game as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

€50 bones is just a little too much for a PSP game.
    Would love to get it, been following that game for ages. Are they going to PAL release it?

• Advertisement

pdbhp wrote: »
    €50 bones is just a little too much for a PSP game.
    Would love to get it, been following that game for ages. Are they going to PAL release it?

No plans for a PAL release. Unfortunately 50 bones is the budget price of games, it's 80 usually for a new release. The yen is so strong now importing is an expensive business.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sweet! Have the PS2 original, but gotta get this for my PSP. Seriously with all the JRPGs, the PSOne classics - and genuine classics from the US PSN store - and left field releases like this, the PSP is my favourite console right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

It's crazy the PSP is getting awesome in the twilight of it's life, all the games coming out lately are brilliant and with more to come over the course of the year it'll be hard to beat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i think the psp is the greatest handheld device since the gameboy colour. what i love about the device is its range of games that took a gamble and werent other games just to play it safe . games like littlebigplanet that could of back fired with the create share feature. i love my psp and even with its release in 06 its still coming out with awesome games. i hope the psp2 continues on what the psp is doing. funny some of the games like daxter , monsters probably stole my princess Etc..) dont get enough credit but they are extremely good games..

Advertisement