Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ordinary Maths

• 12-04-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm in 5th year and am moving to pass maths but not sure which of the 5 ordinary classes I will be put in. Can anyone who does pass maths tell me what chapters ye have done so far so I can get a general idea how much I need to catch up by? Thanks :):D:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Geo10 wrote: »
    Hi I'm in 5th year and am moving to pass maths but not sure which of the 5 ordinary classes I will be put in. Can anyone who does pass maths tell me what chapters ye have done so far so I can get a general idea how much I need to catch up by? Thanks :):D:)
    Hi, I moved to Pass in October and we have covered the following (don't be too scared when you see this list, my teacher is amazing and a bit of a maniac so we move fast)

Paper 1
    All Questions Done!
    Arithmetic 1 & 2, Algebra 1 & 2, Complex Numbers, Sequences and Series, Functions, Calculus, Graphs! We're getting a full paper 1 on our Summer Tests! :O

Paper 2
    3 Questions Done.
    Co-Ordinate Geometry, Areas & Volume, Trigonometry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

don't be too scared when you see this list, my teacher is amazing and a bit of a maniac so we move fast

I've never met a normal maths teacher, ever. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

mtb_kng wrote: »
    I've never met a normal maths teacher, ever. :pac:
    True, the honours maths teacher in my school actually barks (yes, like a dog bark) at students if they get something wrong! :L hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Hi, I moved to Pass in October and we have covered the following (don't be too scared when you see this list, my teacher is amazing and a bit of a maniac so we move fast)

Paper 1
    All Questions Done!
    Arithmetic 1 & 2, Algebra 1 & 2, Complex Numbers, Sequences and Series, Functions, Calculus, Graphs! We're getting a full paper 1 on our Summer Tests! :O

Paper 2
    3 Questions Done.
    Co-Ordinate Geometry, Areas & Volume, Trigonometry!

:eek::eek::eek:
    Hopefully the pass class I'm going into doesn't have that much done! I've never heard of complex numbers and have never done calculus! If they have those covered I'll probably get grinds of my neighbour who gives maths grinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

True, the honours maths teacher in my school actually barks (yes, like a dog bark) at students if they get something wrong! :L hahahahaha

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement