Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting a UPC Modem to an Eircom Modem to use wireless??

• 12-04-2011 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

I currently have UPC bband using a Scientific Atlanta EPC2203 Modem. This modem does not have wireless built in.

A friend kindly gave me a boxed unused Eircom Netopia moden which has wireless.

I dont even know if its possible but can i connect my modem to the Eircom modem to take advantage of the wireless and if so how? (i have all the cables that came with it and CD).

If its stupid question please feel free to shoot me down!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Afternoon all,

I currently have UPC bband using a Scientific Atlanta EPC2203 Modem. This modem does not have wireless built in.

A friend kindly gave me a boxed unused Eircom Netopia moden which has wireless.

I dont even know if its possible but can i connect my modem to the Eircom modem to take advantage of the wireless and if so how? (i have all the cables that came with it and CD).

If its stupid question please feel free to shoot me down!

The Eircom will have a built in dsl modem. You need a wireless router without the integrated modem. They are usually sold as "cable" routers.

Advertisement