Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win 7 copying fail.

• 12-04-2011 7:13pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm old hat at Xp, never liked Vista but trying Win 7. Seems mostly ok but I'm trying to copy some files from my comp to my phone (Galaxy S) but keep getting this problem:

sourcedisk.png

It copied a few across and then the error message. The phone is set to USB and is not the source disk anyway. Really frustrating as XP woulda just whipped the files over no probs. I'm simply trying to drag and drop is all.

Any clues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

you should just download dropbox on your pc and galaxy s, saves messing about with cables and never messes up. you prob dont have the right drivers installed on your pc I had the same issue you just need to download the samsung drivers but like I say dropbox far better method

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Yeah have dropbox, been using it for a ages but use it for other things. My external SD is 8Gb, my DB is not.
    A cable shouldn't be messy at all. Just plug in and copy across. I guess it might be a driver s thing but thought it would be installed automatically when I plugged the phone in.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

have you installed the galaxy s drivers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If the files are showing up for you to select then I doubt it's a driver issue...
    Are you sure you didn't just start copying it before the drivers had fully installed - that'll sometimes disconnect a drive briefly before you get a chance to use it properly then reconnect it... I'd say unplug, plug it back in and try again tbh.

Could be having issues copying protected files as well... Your screenshot hasn't really given us many clues about what you're trying to copy!:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I really don't think this is a phone problem. It doesn't happen with XP, just Win 7.

I can see the internal and external disks on the phone in Windows, I can also see and access the files I'm trying to copy that are on the C: drive. There actually is nothing wrong with the files or the phone.

I wonder is the connection momentarily dropping out or something cos as I said some files did copy. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement