Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rice bridge 04.30am this morning

• 12-04-2011 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

i was goin to work this morning and picked up one of my work buddies along the way, but as we approached rice bridge we came across something odd as the times in the title says it was half 4 and we came across two cars in the middle of the bridge and a mini digger as there was road works takin place on the quay, as we got closer we could see two people holding onto a woman at a glance i,d say she was mid to late 30,s early 40,s, did anyone hear anything about this incident this morning, we could,nt stop to see if everything was ok as we had to be in work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Did you contact the Gardaí?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

dayshah wrote: »
    Did you contact the Gardaí?
    nope assumed everything was alright as few of the workmen from the roadworks were there with the people that stopped there cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

So you seen two people holding onto a woman on a bridge at half 4 in the morning and didn't stop to see what was going on and instead drove past and did nothing and waited until now to post on the internet asking did anyone else hear about it??

it doesn't sound like a good situation to be honest but prob an innocent one hopefully. i hope your job is a very important one if you couldn't stop for 10 seconds to see whats going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Dowdy20 wrote: »
    So you seen two people holding onto a woman on a bridge at half 4 in the morning and didn't stop to see what was going on and instead drove past and did nothing and waited until now to post on the internet asking did anyone else hear about it??

it doesn't sound like a good situation to be honest but prob an innocent one hopefully. i hope your job is a very important one if you couldn't stop for 10 seconds to see whats going on.

Thats a bit harsh dont you think. If the woman was being held by two men on the bridge with no one else around then thats one thing, but as the OP said, there were were workmen around. If the men were going to hurt the woman they're not going to do it with people watching.

Sounds like the woman was going to do something silly, and the other two men who stopped intervened. If the OP had stopped it would have just added to the confusion.

Hopefully it all ended ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

wobbles wrote: »
    Thats a bit harsh dont you think. If the woman was being held by two men on the bridge with no one else around then thats one thing, but as the OP said, there were were workmen around. If the men were going to hurt the woman they're not going to do it with people watching.

Sounds like the woman was going to do something silly, and the other two men who stopped intervened. If the OP had stopped it would have just added to the confusion.

Hopefully it all ended ok

it was harsh i hadn't read the reply before me they got in before i hit submit. on first impression it read as if it was just the two people holding her on a deserted bridge at half 4 in the morning. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

it was harsh i hadn't read the reply before me they got in before i hit submit. on first impression it read as if it was just the two people holding her on a deserted bridge at half 4 in the morning. :P

people just too trigger happy with there mouses on these forums to wade in a knock people when there is no need for it :rolleyes:

we should have stopped but exactly as one of the other posters just stated it would have only added to the confusion and there was as i said workmen from the roadworks on scene also so it would have been bit crowded with an extra two stopping to ask whats goin on, hope the woman is alright and that she don,t try do a silly thing like that again

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Personally I would speak with the Guards about this, in the event an issue did arise and they need assistance with their investigations. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

hope the woman is alright and that she don,t try do a silly thing like that again

did you not post up this thread to find out what was going on with this woman, so why would you make any assumptions about what may/may not of happened?:confused:

well being honest it looked to us like she was on the bridge to jump off and was stopped by the people and the workmen that were in the area

• Advertisement
Advertisement