Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving pets between UK and Ireland

• 12-04-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just a quick question. My girlfriend is currently living in Wales and is thinking about getting a rabbit. The only thing is that she will be coming home every few weeks. So I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be ok to bring the rabbit in a transport cage on the ferry?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

http://www2.irishferries.com/system/web2010/view/selfservice/controller.jsp?CONFIGURATION=1008&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=STARTPAGE&USERTYPE=1&destination=Ireland&origin=Britain
    Can't see why rabbits would be different to cats but probably worth checking. No problems if taking over a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have seen people with various pets on the ferry and train, I travel over and back a lot and have even brought the dogs myself (on the train, the ticket collector came back to sit by us and make a fuss on dogs, so different from here)
    I have seen rabbits and chinchilla's in the past in carriers in the luggage room on Stena, but it would be worth calling the ferry to check, I know I did when bringing dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kalie

I've moved from ireland to wales and back again bringing all my animals with me (dogs, cat, guinepig, rats, gerbils and even fish) All mine were secure in cages in the car and I had no problem.

Im not to sure about foot passenger, i have seen people with pet boxes on stenna before but i think irish ferries makes u leave them in the car deck. You should ring up just to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanya1988

Other animal types ( rabbit, hamster, guinea pig, rat, mouse, birds, reptiles, amphibians, insects, invertebrate, fish) need an Irish Government import licence and advance authorisation to travel to Ireland. Please see details on www.agriculture.gouv.fr & www.agriculture.gov.ie

Advertisement