Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere for cheap paving?

Options
  • 12-04-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

We are hoping to lay a small circular patio area in our garden ( about 8-9 ft).

Would anyone have any recommendations for A) a low maintanence type of paving, and B) a low cost paving supplier?

We are in the North County Dublin area, any suggestions much appreciated,

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We got a Bradstone circular patio kit in B&Q in Swords the year before last, there was a sale on at the time and it cost less than €100. It's sandstone and looks really good. To raise it we got anchor stone blocks from Grange Builders Providers in Baldoyle - they don't require mortar, they're really easy to use and not expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭valm

orlaeryn wrote: »
    Hi,

We are hoping to lay a small circular patio area in our garden ( about 8-9 ft).

Would anyone have any recommendations for A) a low maintanence type of paving, and B) a low cost paving supplier?

We are in the North County Dublin area, any suggestions much appreciated,

Thanks!

Dont think of buying until you visit Oldbridge concrete. I was there last year and I was stunned with the value they had. They are down the road from you in County Meath just off M1 very near the new bridge. look them up I'm sure they have a website. I got pots for 8 euro that were 20+ elesewhere. I saw lovely designs in paving approx. 2m x 2m laid out on show, circular design various colours 199 euro. I think they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 orlaeryn

Hi Guys,

Thank you both for the replys,we will definately check out both options. i am hoping to get out over the weekend and have a good look around.

Valm, i had a look at the oldbridge concrete website, they have a great selection, so hopefully we might be able to pick something up there.

Thank you both again

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

You also have Roadstone Retail off the M2 at the Coldwinters exit (first one north of the M50). They have a display area.
    Also, Tobermore at Blake's Cross (old N1) near Lusk.

Advertisement