If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Onkyo TX NR609 and speakers ?

Options
  • 12-04-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi John

We are currently building a living room onto the house, 18ft x 21 feet with a high cathedral ceiling...the height of the ceiling will vary but I think the highest point of the ceiling will probably between 11 and 12 feet. Two thirds of the space in the room will be used for watching TV and one third will have dining area.

We want to install a surround system that can provide sound to TV, skybox, playstation (DVD + bluray) and music centre.
    We want the flexibility of being able to move the TV to either of two corners of the room.

With this in mind we are interested in purchasing the TX-NR609 with possibly adjustable wall mount speakers. Could you quote me a price for TX-NR609 amplifier + suitable speakers + 7M HDMI 1.4 cable? We have a budget of 1000 euros.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@The Renovator,

Hi and welcome to Boards and the Richersounds forum :). I've given your query a thread of it's own - easier to get it noticed that way.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John

We are currently building a living room onto the house, 18ft x 21 feet with a high cathedral ceiling...the height of the ceiling will vary but I think the highest point of the ceiling will probably between 11 and 12 feet. Two thirds of the space in the room will be used for watching TV and one third will have dining area.

We want to install a surround system that can provide sound to TV, skybox, playstation (DVD + bluray) and music centre.
    We want the flexibility of being able to move the TV to either of two corners of the room.

With this in mind we are interested in purchasing the TX-NR609 with possibly adjustable wall mount speakers. Could you quote me a price for TX-NR609 amplifier + suitable speakers + 7M HDMI 1.4 cable? We have a budget of 1000 euros.

Thanks in advance.

(Thanks Ritzy!)

Sounds like a great room, Renovator..

Ok on a bugdet of €1000 you should be able to get a great system and the TXNR609 is a cracking starting point.

If you want your TV point to be flexible you will have to make sure that you allow for your HDMI cable from the Receiver (and your RF cable if you use RF) to the TV to be terminated in both corners of the room - otherwise your nice new room will be spoiled by a HDMI cable strewn across the floor (and of course you will be in the doghouse) you can get some plain HDMI wall plates that can be integrated into a simple standard backbox and this is probably the way forward for simplicity and convenience sakes.

Anyway back onto the main issue...

Onkyo TXNR609 (apologies for the US link!) - let's say thats a given (although the Denon AVR2311 at £449.95 is also really tempting especially if you listen to a lot of music - it really is a quality receiver for that money) - To this I would addd the Cambridge Audio Lusso 10 5.0 speaker kit but I would partner it with the Monitor Audio Radius 370HD Active Subwoofer - throw in a 10 Meter HDMI and say 40 Meters of decent Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 speaker cable, the brackets and a decent Sub cable and the normal RS discounted retail is just over £1200 - as a Boardie deal I can do it at just €1199.99 ie Pound for Euro - if you want to hit the budget dead on - you could swap the Radius 370HD for the slightly smaller Radius 360HD and it would come out at a system price of €999.99...:D (but you would miss that 370 grrrrunt!)

Thanks for the opportunity to quote and please drop me a line if that all grabs your fancy - I have quoted you a mega price which I will hold for 7 days so just drop me a line if you are interested - I may even be tempted to throw you in the HDMI wall plates!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheRenovator

Thanks John.

I am a newbie to this...We do listen to music alot but we also love watching movies and tv alot...we are proper couch potatoes!!!

- Does the Onkyo TX NR609 or the Denon AVR 2311 have more functionality than the other or would they both be equivalents to one another ?

- Is the Denon AVR 2311 superseeded by a newer model 2312?

- Which one would you recommend?

Regards,
    TheRenovator.

Thanks John.

I am a newbie to this...We do listen to music alot but we also love watching movies and tv alot...we are proper couch potatoes!!!

- Does the Onkyo TX NR609 or the Denon AVR 2311 have more functionality than the other or would they both be equivalents to one another ?

The 609 without doubt has more toys than the 2311 - however the 2311 is a superb sounding receiver especially for music and at the moment is really heavily discounted so it is excellent value - to be honest you have to look at what you will use it for in the main - is it mainly for Movies and is network access important to you? If the answer is yes then I would go for the 609 as it does sound excellent and has network access which the 2311 does not have - If the main use will be Music I would personally go for the 2311 as the 2311 is exceptional for music and also damn good for movies!

- Is the Denon AVR 2311 superseeded by a newer model 2312?

- Which one would you recommend?

The Denon will be replaced in approx July ( TBC) I have not seen the new Denon lineup yet - but the replacement for the 2311 will be approx £750-800 and will sit into the same price point as the 2311 originally was at launch - the key is that the 2311 offers a significantly more higher quality receiver at a lower price point - but as ever it's all about compromise and last years model does not have all the latest bells & whistles - in this case mainly networking ability.

To be honest - whichever way you go - they are both exciting and excellent quality products and you cannot go wrong either way!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John for all the info.

It sounds like a good deal. I'm tempted to go with the TXNR609 and the R370HD subwoofer if you could throw in the HDMI face plates also.

- Is the HDMI cable v1.4?

- I had a look at the Cambridge Lusso 10 speaker set. Does it include a subwoofer also? If the subwoofer comes with the speaker set, will I really need a the 370HD?

- Does your total price include delivery. If it doesn't how much will delivery cost (I'm living in Co. Kerry.)?

Thanks again,
    Renovator.

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Any update ?

Thanks,
    Renovator

It sounds like a good deal. I'm tempted to go with the TXNR609 and the R370HD subwoofer if you could throw in the HDMI face plates also.

- I had a look at the Cambridge Lusso 10 speaker set. Does it include a subwoofer also? If the subwoofer comes with the speaker set, will I really need a the 370HD?

- Does your total price include delivery. If it doesn't how much will delivery cost (I'm living in Co. Kerry.)?

Thanks again,
    Renovator.

Ren,

apologies for the delay getting back to you :o

Hard bargain but Done deal :D

Oh Yes

The Lusso 10 at £249.95 includes the S80 Subwoofer - however we have used the Radius 370 with the Lusso a lot and it sounds R A D I C A L L Y better than the S80 - to be fair it's more expensive but if yuo are going with the 609 - it really is worth the difference - plus the R370 looks really slick in the Piano Lacquer and matches the Lusso satellites perfectly whilst the S80 is flat black and looks wrong next to the rest of the Lusso kit.

Listen we won't hold Jackie Healy Rae against you - but honestly I cannot include delivery at that mega price - I'll do delivery of the whole system to Raesville at just £19.95 though which is a discounted rate....

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and keep me posted if I can assist.

ATVB,

J

Thanks a mill John,

We will go so with your offer...

I've sent you a private email on 15th, did you receive it?

Thanks again,
    Renovator

Thanks a mill John,

We will go so with your offer...

I've sent you a private email on 15th, did you receive it?

Thanks again,
    Renovator

Ren,

apologies I was on a few ill-deserved days out of the office!

If you could PM me your contact number or email it to me at johnmc@richersounds.ie - I'll get one of the guys to give you a call directly.

Thanks and apologies for the delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi TheRenovator.

Do you want to drop me the PM also just in case John is flat out today?

That way one of use will def look after you.

Thanks!!

• Advertisement

Thanks John and Chris,

I recieved the order promptly this morning...Great service!!!!

I can't wait for the room to be finished so that I can use the system.

Thanks again,
    TheRenovator.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.