Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigars & an ex smoker

Options
  • 12-04-2011 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm an ex smoker (was for 10 years, not for 8), didn't particularly smoke heavily, but I did enjoy it.

Over the last few months, I've been feeling like I'd love a cigar, I used to have the very occasional one years ago, but I feel like I'd like to get myself a decent one & savour it.

My concern is that this would get me on the road to smoking again.

Any thoughts (& recommendations if the general consensus is I won't be a smoker again)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm off ciggies about 10 years now and 3 years ago I returned to cigar smoking. I'll have three or four nice Cubans a month. I also take an occasional bowl of tobacco in a pipe. I don't get any cravings for ciggies at all.

Thats just me though, I can't vouch for how it might affect you. I'm strong willed and quit ciggies cold turkey first time trying. I imagine that if you have a hard time quitting in the first place then you may succumb easily.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah, I'd say this is very much a your-mileage-may-vary situation.

Mind you:
    iMax wrote:
    if the general consensus is I won't be a smoker again
    If you're smoking cigars you are smoking again.

Advertisement