Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Born On Holidays

• 12-04-2011 10:00pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, the GF is due 20th April, we are flying out on the 25th June to Spain for my brothers wedding and all being safe and sound, the baby will be with us.

But, when we get there, how do we get from airport to resort with car seat etc etc?

anybody have to deal with this before?
    baby will be approx 8-10 weeks old, depending on time of birth.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Are you renting a car? If you are you can get a car seat with it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'd bring my own carseat on the plane if it were me. Do you have the type of one that clicks into the buggy as well?

Then you can just strap it in to the taxi of whatever way you're coming from the airport. You can just roll the buggy onto a bus as well if you want to do it that way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Macros42 wrote: »
    Are you renting a car? If you are you can get a car seat with it.

No, was planning on getting a taxi to the resort (15 min drive)
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'd bring my own carseat on the plane if it were me. Do you have the type of one that clicks into the buggy as well?

Then you can just strap it in to the taxi of whatever way you're coming from the airport. You can just roll the buggy onto a bus as well if you want to do it that way.

Thought of that but airline want us to buy another seat to hold the car seat in place during the flight. May be our only option though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Can you not take the babe in arms and stow the carseat with the luggage? You can wheel the buggy right up to the door of the plane and they'll take it there to put it in the hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

1. Carry the baby in arms off the plane.

2. Get the buggy at the gate or at the carousel.

3. Put the baby in the buggy or carry the baby in arms and fold the buggy up and put it on the luggage trolley.

4. Go to the taxi rank.

5. Pack up all your luggage into the boot.

6. Get in the cab.

7. Go to resort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If you have a car seat that you can use with your buggy then I would just bring that and use it as your pram whilst away. You can check the car seat/pram base in as a 2 piece buggy and they will both go into the luggage bit of the plane. You will be able to keep the pram with you until the stairs of the plane, and then they should given it back to you at the steps when you get off the plane.

I don't think its a legal requirement to have a car seat for a baby/toddler in a Taxi, so if you don't bring your own car seat you should be able to just hold the baby in the taxi..

The only other option to you is to hire a car with a car seat.

Hope this helps and good luck! Baby should be arriving any day now right? Hope everythign oes smoothly for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Mom2Be

Hi there..

Why not book an airport transfer with a company and at the time of booking it you will get the option to add a car seat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I can't believe that a couple of people are suggesting holding the baby in a taxi!

You're unlikely to have a car crash but I've been a passenger in a couple of proper ones by now and I'm only in my thirties!

A baby will be horribly injured in a crash at any kind of reasonable speed if you're just holding them.

You're getting a taxi so book in advance and organise a car-seat with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

quozl wrote: »
    I can't believe that a couple of people are suggesting holding the baby in a taxi!

You're unlikely to have a car crash but I've been a passenger in a couple of proper ones by now and I'm only in my thirties!

A baby will be horribly injured in a crash at any kind of reasonable speed if you're just holding them.

You're getting a taxi so book in advance and organise a car-seat with it.

Its not a matter of suggesting it! Most taxi's will not provide a car seat as it is not a legal requirement.

I rang about 20 companies to get a taxi who would provide a car seat when I went to the UK and not one of them would provide one.

Its not ideal but its the way it is. There are plenty of suggestions for alternatives to a taxi.

Advertisement