Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Cisco EPC2425) Port forward to broadcast address?

• 12-04-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I have been looking for a way to forward a port to the broadcast address of my network 192.168.1.255. If I try and do this from within the routers web cpanel I get 'invalid ip'. Has anyone achieved this. I want to issue a wake on lan packet over the internet to turn on my server. I only usually remotely access it maybe once a week and am trying to cut down on the electric bills.

On a side note has anybody had any expierence with DD-WRT or Tomato? Which is the best(most features) firmware and which router would you recommend to run it on along side my UPC router.

John.

P.S The Cisco EPC2425 is a piece of crap. I'm on my second one and started having WiFi problems. Thankfully most of my systems are using ethernet.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement