Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply Behind Oil Tank

Options
  • 12-04-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi guys,

doing up the garden and the oil tank has been moved to the far right corner... i have soil all around it and going across the back wall etc etc...

I buried a nymj in wavin 2foot and ran it to the back wall behind the oil tank...

Is it acceptable to have a junction box/outside light connection (low voltage) in a fully sealed outdoor box? The all plastic 6 screw on the front panel type of one...

Theres about a 1foot of a gap behind the tank, maybe a bit more.. It will be positioned not directly behind it but close to it... offset centre...

Is all this ok or what should i do? Putting the box somewhere else will be a horrid eyesore...

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

i think it may be best to refere to the etci guidelines on installations in hazardous areas.

im not too sure myself

Advertisement