Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social activites

Options
  • 12-04-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

hello,
    i am new to the donegal town area and am looking for social groups/activites to make new friends. i havent discovered any yet and am hoping boards.ie members can make some suggestions for me to get started! :)
    thank you.

ps. hanging out in the local pubs is not really my cup of tea for making new friends im afraid. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jocombo

are you a girl or a guy? young/not so young? what are you into doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

walking club
    http://www.bluestackramblers.com

bit late for this one (training starts in jan) donegal bay sub aqua club
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Dbsac-Donegal/100000903543985

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Go to mass, lots of lovely people there...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Donegal Pet Rescue have something social on most weeks. Pub quizzes and wine tasting etc. They seem nice and are mostly not from here so open and friendly. It might be a good place to start...you can see their facebook page for updates on their activities...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭december83

thanks everyone for your replies! :)
    oh yeah, more details on myself would help a bit i suppose :o
    i am a young woman and i have moved to donegal town for a job! i reckon i cant be too fussy on my interests when living in a small town, there doesnt seem to be too many options, so i am open to trying most things once anyway. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenisme

Hi there,

Did you find any activities/groups in Donegal?

I have also just moved to Donegal and would like to go to a group of some sort.

I am a 24 year old woman, that likes anything really, jogging, photography, making stuff, hiking, knitting, sewing, gardening, languages groups (courses), orgami, cooking, baking, crochet. So pretty much anything.

I live in Letterkenny but i don't have a car so it is a bit hard for me to get around.

Thanks

Lauren

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

theres the cycling club who move about the county, not too sure of the details but i can ask some of the lads i work with for next meeting etc if ya want....
    struggling to think of non pub related activities...:rolleyes: and just realising your last post was a few months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

We should start a "book club" or something (aka sitting, gossiping and drinking wine).. I miss my college girliness seeing as everyone has emigrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Hey folks -

There are often boards "Beers"....anyone up to have a get together around Donegal Town? Doesn't have to be beer related, but does this interest anyone? I'm always up to meeting new people (missing my old girlie nights too).

yea i think i could manage it
    not sure if il be helping on the girlie night part though...

• Advertisement

Adamnator wrote: »
    <SNIP>

22 and cant say iv ever heard someone called a oil rig before, either way ya wont be on boards for long with them posts

just had a look at your other 4 i give ya til a mod sees them

• Registered Users Posts: 46,085 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Adamnator wrote: »
    <SNIP>
    Dont be a dick. Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭december83

dunno what the last two posts are about....
    but yes, lets have an evening in donegal town
    i will create a poll as to which pub people prefer in the town....

december83 wrote: »
    dunno what the last two posts are about....
    the post before mine was deleted, just seemed to be a lad spamming threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 High Hopes

Hello

I am also new to Letterkenny! In relation to social activities I found that Cara House have lots of different classes and stuff from art to learning a language! I would love to start one, if anyone is interested? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I would like to join a book club if there is one on..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Have you tried the local drama club? I don't know about Donegal Town, but the staff in An Grianán will have contacts for the Musical and Drama groups in Letterkenny. Local parish bulletins and the local paper will have notices for auditions, especially this time of year, when they're casting for the panto.

You don't have to actually get on stage, most groups are delighted to have people to help out behind the scenes and there tends to be lots of time to get chatting. I took part (I couldn't call it performing!) in a panto and a drama in the last few years since I moved up and it's amazing the amount of people that you get to know through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenisme

I have just after coming across this yesterday and very surprised it hasn't been advertied more. I went into Port Na Failte an organizaation put together by Peace III and Donegal Co Co and located on Port road Letterkenny. I didn't realise at all that they do free classes and they are really interesting. At the moment theey are teaching moziac's, i would of really loved to of done tha class but they are alreaady in week 4. Too late for me for that particular one.

But they do have other interesting things coming up, they have a Japanese night, where there is free food, orgami lessons, Judo and Karate. I'll definately go to that!!!!

If you ging into the office there they will put you on their newsletter mailing list and you can then see the courses coming up.

Can't wait to ssee what classes and other stuff they have coming up!!

Lauren

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

The Skateboard park in Donegal Town is getting a lot of older skaters and rollerbladers going up for skate sessions if ur interested...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭swillybabe

annascott wrote: »
    I would like to join a book club if there is one on..
    the wine buff is starting a book club of sorts

• Advertisement
Advertisement