Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice please

• 12-04-2011 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

was wondering if paddy power do any obvious bets online that are pretty much guarented to win ?.. remember reading before that they used ti do in rugby a try to happen in a match .. PP eventually took it down coz they were losing too much money :P.

so was wondering f there was any other easy/obvious bets online on PP ?? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

neiler987 wrote: »
    was wondering if paddy power do any obvious bets online that are pretty much guarented to win ?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

was wondering if paddy power do any obvious bets online that are pretty much guarented to win ?.. remember reading before that they used ti do in rugby a try to happen in a match .. PP eventually took it down coz they were losing too much money :P.

Average 'No Tryscorer' price in a rugby union match is about 17/1 so 'any try' would have been 1/100. In a rugby league match it's 33/1 so the other side is 1/200 at biggest.

I doubt anybody was winning or losing much money at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭neiler987

I doubt anybody was winning or losing much money at those prices.

Im only saying wat i read man ? mehh 1/100 aint bad considering a try is pretty much "guarented" ? say ppl wudve threw 200 quid get 2 quid back but keep on doin it consistently .. sounds very profitable ti win if a try is a sure thing yeno

Pj! wrote: »
    Nope.

there has to be somethin there surely ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

It's gambling dude. Ain't nothing guaranteed. To win a decent amount on those low odds 99.99% chance of occuring bets you need to go huge to make it worthwhile. All you need is one bit of bad luck.

• Advertisement

It's gambling dude. Ain't nothing guaranteed. To win a decent amount on those low odds 99.99% chance of occuring bets you need to go huge to make it worthwhile. All you need is one bit of bad luck.

i know theres nothing absoluetly guarenteed .. but im looking for bets that are nearly almost guaranteed say 90% eg. real madrid ti qualify to semi final but not neccessarily winning the match 2ni if u get me ? or for a try to be scored in a rugby match.. or for a free kick to be awarded in a football match ?
    get me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

i know theres nothing absoluetly guarenteed .. but im looking for bets that are nearly almost guaranteed say 90% eg. real madrid ti qualify to semi final but not neccessarily winning the match 2ni if u get me ? or for a try to be scored in a rugby match.. or for a free kick to be awarded in a football match ?
    get me ?
    Surely to God you can search the site and just pick some selections which are 1/9 as in 90% chance, if that's your thing.

Are you that lazy?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Surely to God you can search the site and just pick some selections which are 1/9 as in 90% chance, if that's your thing.

Are you that lazy?

wen i meant 90% i didnt mean 1/9.. sure ive lost bets on 1/9 before like :P

i mean somethin like 1/100 for example a free kick to be taken in a football match 1/200 ? no bookies do free kicks i think

1/9 wudnt be good enough coz u cud still easily lose

wen i meant 90% i didnt mean 1/9.. sure ive lost bets on 1/9 before like :P
    A 90% chance is 1/9 :)

A 90% chance is 1/9 :)

well yeno wat i mean :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

There's one bet tomorrow that's a cert.

Foundations in the 4.05. Put your house on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Stanivlasky

wen i meant 90% i didnt mean 1/9..

ha ha!what a shark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Stanivlasky

UrbanSea wrote: »

no! go for Loose Button,its bound to come off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Im only saying wat i read man ? mehh 1/100 aint bad considering a try is pretty much "guarented" ? say ppl wudve threw 200 quid get 2 quid back but keep on doin it consistently .. sounds very profitable ti win if a try is a sure thing yeno

There are probably tryless games in ruby in the Northern Hemisphere 1 out of every 20 to 25 games. Way, way higher than that in the Top 14. The margins mean you will lose money. Wherever you read the original 'fact', I wouldn't go back to.

By all accounts, the closest thing to a 'guaranteed' winner in gambling over the last 5-10 years has been to back Federer/Nadal in the early rounds when they are 1.01 shots but what you are looking for is 'free money' and it does not exist unless you arb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Is a 90% chance not 1/10?!

seklly wrote: »
    Is a 90% chance not 1/10?!
    90.91% (approx) chance is 1/10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_of_bookmaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Ah yes, it all makes sense now!!

OP if you're looking for risk free investment save your money for about 3-4% interest.

did it or loose button come in ? didnt get a chance ti bet on it ?

why did youz think they would come in do u know if they got injections ??

There are probably tryless games in ruby in the Northern Hemisphere 1 out of every 20 to 25 games. Way, way higher than that in the Top 14. The margins mean you will lose money. Wherever you read the original 'fact', I wouldn't go back to.

By all accounts, the closest thing to a 'guaranteed' winner in gambling over the last 5-10 years has been to back Federer/Nadal in the early rounds when they are 1.01 shots but what you are looking for is 'free money' and it does not exist unless you arb.

yeah ive done a lil bit of research nd found out that there is the odd rugby game here nd there that doesnt have a try

but thats kind of irrelevant now anyways seein as paddy power took that market away anyway :(

thanks for the tennis hint but its not somethin that u can bet on nearly every day

• Advertisement

OP if you're looking for risk free investment save your money for about 3-4% interest.

god if i only had a massive amount of money in the first place i would do that ive no money ti save just about have money ti spend dont mind save :( .. thanks anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I went for Clothes Line in the same race, put my shirt on it, got beaten :mad: V-Neck was the name of the horse that beat it, a very good jumper might back him the next day ;)

I went for Clothes Line in the same race, put my shirt on it, got beaten :mad: V-Neck was the name of the horse that beat it, a very good jumper might back him the next day ;)

how do ppl know and find out that a certain horse in some races are given injections (possibly steroids) before a race ? so that they ll win .. seemingly without the bookies or very few ppl knowing about it ???

Neiler that was only messing.

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for here. If you're looking for really good things maybe wait for in running football and do an accum of teams that are about 1/50 when 2 up or something.

Advertisement