Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photo Book 2011 - Intro and interest check

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Damokc

count me in please if you can.

im only registered a year so i dunno how these books work? any more info on how they get printed and things like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

I'm late to the party, but in if theres room.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Ok So I think I'm gonna finally pluck up the courage and get involved this year. No use watching from the sidelines every year!

I'd like to be 'in'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

In!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Im in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭couscous007

Count me in please!!!???

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'm seeing this a week too late it seems :( If theres room for me this year again I'd love to be included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Any update on this. Who's in etc. I'm a newbie so I'm probably asking dumb questions.

The OP said
    kensutz wrote: »
    First plan is simple - register your interest. Reply on this thread and it's a first come, first served basis like most things.

On that basis I'm probably in. But is that fair? Some really active boards member didn't see the post until quite late. Would it not be better to do it on a lottery basis? Or if it's to represent the best of boards.ie even on a poll of final submissions from everybody who was interested?

Or if the aim is to get our pictures in print what about two volumes if there is enough interest?

Adrian

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Attached is a Spreadsheet of those who have indicated they wish to be in the 2011 Book. Final Spreadsheet is attached to final post. It is in order & has the date posted.

The origins of the Book were to have work in print. Then we added a bit on as a donation to SSF. It has always been that anyone can have an image in as log as they buy a copy. The content is up to the individual, with a caveat on it being for general publication. From past years about half of those who register an interest will carry through.

There are inquiries being made to have the book published in a more economical manner. This could increase sales.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Is it too late to get involved in this? If not count me in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Gaspode wrote: »
    Is it too late to get involved in this? If not count me in.

Added you to the spreadsheet list, which is just recording who has expressed an interest.

Some of the normal names are still missing, most notably that of DeVore who has been involved in each book thus far. Each year the list, at this stage, has been about this long. We get a lot who then drop out.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Me Me Me!! Sorry I havent had the luxury of reading the forum regularly lately!
    Sure do want to be involved!

Thanks!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LittleMacca

ummm... long time reader first time poster....
    Have no idea what the actual task involves but i'd be interested.. is that ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jess 27

hi guys, if it's still possible could you add me to the list please. not really sure what's involved though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 danielsan122

count me in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

If there's space, put me in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Count me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

If possible, I would like to see a reserved page as well for the 32 counties camera that has been going around for... um... nearly 2 years now :o

Think it would be cool to showcase in the book... Any objections to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

sNarah wrote: »
    If possible, I would like to see a reserved page as well for the 32 counties camera that has been going around for... um... nearly 2 years now :o

Think it would be cool to showcase in the book... Any objections to this?

I cant remember where I read it but someone posted an estimate that it would be finished march/april 2012 judging by how it had gone so far, so it would seem that it wouldn't be ready by the time the photobook is right? (considering the last years release time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Add me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Also, just to repeat this one more time... If you sign up for this and end up submitting an image: read out the following mantra out loud a couple of times...

I promise to buy at least copy of the book if my image is in it.

Okay, one more time, repeat after me:

I promise to buy at least copy of the book if my image is in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think we'll finish the list of interested parties now.

What will happen is that we will be asking people to submit photos, there's going to be a strict deadline for photo submissions. Followed by payment for a book very shortly after it. Those who do not pay will have their photo removed from the book and anyone on a waiting list will be asked to submit a photo.

At this moment we are going through printers to see who can give us the better deal in terms of print quality and how many people we can get into the book. We hope that this years book will be bigger and better than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭rameire

Hi Kensutz,

Havent been on in a while - new baby and all....can I still get in? Would loove to be in it again!:eek:

Thanks,
    Rameire

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Given that you've been in it before and circumstances I don't see why not. We'll stick you down on the list.

Well that makes an even 100.

Spreadsheet attached.

Thread Closed.

• Advertisement

Re-opening this thread as there have been some that have pulled out.

There are now a few more places available.

87 pages filled. 13 pages looking for an owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Misstaken

Is this for charity? if it is, then I will put in a piece :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

All proceeds of the book are going to the Santa Strike Force - who buy and distribute gifts to hospitals and care-centres at Christmas for kids that can't be at home.

We have 10 spaces left that we would really like to fill - some people have had to pull out for various genuine reasons and we would love to be able to fill the book and raise as much as we can for SSF.

Get in touch if you'd like to be involved :)

Misstaken - you're in! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭waldo

Please include me if there is a place left. PM me with paypal details etc.

All places filled - Closed again

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement