Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Internet connection meteor prepaid sim

• 13-04-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I bought a sim free HTC desire HD mobile phone. A nice phone but I have a problem with surfing the net. I cant access the internet browser. Anyone know what I could do to ensure this feature works? I am with meteor prepaid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You seeing a 3g/h symbol at the top of the screen? If not, you either need the APN settings or more simply, you data access is turned off.

Try menu>settings>wireless & networks...scroll down, make sure "mobile network" is ticked

Then go mobile networks>access point names, is there a meteor one there? If not...hit menu, new APN

Name - meteor data
    APN - data.mymeteor.ie
    APN type - default

Hit menu, save. Then click the dot to the right if your new APN to make it turn green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

theteal wrote: »
    You seeing a 3g/h symbol at the top of the screen? If not, you either need the APN settings or more simply, you data access is turned off.

Try menu>settings>wireless & networks...scroll down, make sure "mobile network" is ticked

Then go mobile networks>access point names, is there a meteor one there? If not...hit menu, new APN

Name - meteor data
    APN - data.mymeteor.ie
    APN type - default

Hit menu, save. Then click the dot to the right if your new APN to make it turn green

my sim card doesnt receive a signal today. have meteor locked me out from using their services with this phone?

teednab-el wrote: »
    my sim card doesnt receive a signal today. have meteor locked me out from using their services with this phone?

very unlikely. when did you last top up? is it a particularly old sim?

power cycle the phone

power cycle the phone

Last night I topped up 50 euro. There is a small "x" next to the coverage reception bar in front display of my phone. A mesage appears also that I have limited service. I popped the sim card right into my old phone and it works fine. Any ideas?

power cycle the phone

Sim card is 3 years old.

I am also getting a sim card icon with a white exclaimation mark near where the signal bar and bluetooth icons are located on the top of the display. This icon then disappears after a few seconds. The message "no service" appears on my phone also.

• Advertisement

Pop into a meteor store, tell the lads your problem and get a replacement sim. If that fails, there may be an issue with the handset. Where did you buy it from?

Where did you buy it from?

Amazon. I was able to make calls last night but not today.

Pop into a meteor store, tell the lads your problem and get a replacement sim. If that fails, there may be an issue with the handset. Where did you buy it from?

got it going. cheers for all your advice and help.

Advertisement