Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin, advice on areas near Luas stops

Options
  • 13-04-2011 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Starting work in Dublin soon and im starting in Tallaght, im looking for areas that are good to live and are on or along that LUAS stop but not too far away?

I've tried Tallaght, but there are not many places available believe it or not.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Check out the Kilmainham/Inchicore area.Nice place to live,close to town and the red Luas line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Also check out monastery gate, monastery heath, monastery or floraville in clondalkin nice areas to live and all within a short walking distance of a luas stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Around Inchicore/Kilmainham as already said, you have the Blackhorse Luas. Also I'd recommend Herbeton Apartments down at Fatima Luas stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Another +1 for Kilmainham area.

If you're contemplating the north side the North Strand area is great and a very easy walking distance from town. Nearest stop is Connolly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Thanks for the help guys, not many spare rooms available in the Inchicore or Kilmainham areas though unfortunately

I'd have thought the likes of daft and gumtree would be awash with rentals in terms of sharing

am i missing something? are there any other sites to check?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

Kilmainham or drimnagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Stanivlasky

inchicore and drimnagh are total crapholes,full of skangers,no way i would live in these areas

inchicore and drimnagh are total crapholes,full of skangers,no way i would live in these areas

Oh right and that's based on what knowledge?? I live in drimnagh and can assure you they're not full of skangers? Where do u live ?

U could also go for walkinstown and travel by bus....luas is not the be all and end all

Reported!
    ciaran_h wrote: »
    U could also go for walkinstown and travel by bus....luas is not the be all and end all

Thing about the Luas is that it's realible (most of the time), not to mention with the new bus changes that the 77 is going and you'll only have the 77a (or something along them lines).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Inchicore is not a craphole and it's not full of skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

no way i would live in these areas

My neighbours in Inchicore and Drimnagh breathe a collective sigh of relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

In fairness, if you want to live on the red line, most of the areas aren't great. Inchicore is good because of the facilities and closeness to town. But if you want to be closer to tallagh, Clondalkin has everything and probably the highest shop to person ratio in the world, I'd look there. Just pick a place at the Luas end of town obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Smithfield or Stoneybatter for the win. You've the Smithfield luas stop on your doorstep.

Smithfield is a great place to live. It's right next to town, and also very close to the Phoenix Park. Ignore the bad publicity about the horse fair. That's one day a month and the really big one is only once a year.

There are at least 300 apartments within 500 yards of the Luas stop. Search for "Smithfield Market" and "Smithfield Village".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

churchview wrote: »
    Smithfield or Stoneybatter for the win. You've the Smithfield luas stop on your doorstep.

Smithfield is a great place to live. It's right next to town, and also very close to the Phoenix Park. Ignore the bad publicity about the horse fair. That's one day a month and the really big one is only once a year.

There are at least 300 apartments within 500 yards of the Luas stop. Search for "Smithfield Market" and "Smithfield Village".

Yeah, was going to mention smithfield but thought the OP would want closer to Tallagh.

I think if moving up to Dublin it might be better to live closer to town than Tallaght, even if work is in Tallaght.

It'll likely be better to live in town for getting to know the city, getting out in the evening, getting to meet people than being stuck out in Tallaght. Much easier imo to commute out from the city in the circumstances.

Just my 2 cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Paparazzo wrote: »
    In fairness, if you want to live on the red line, most of the areas aren't great. Inchicore is good because of the facilities and closeness to town. But if you want to be closer to tallagh, Clondalkin has everything and probably the highest shop to person ratio in the world, I'd look there. Just pick a place at the Luas end of town obviously.

The areas along the red line are as just as good or bad as Tallaght or Clondalkin tbh.

Im from Tallaght and work in Tallaght, but live in Kilmainham as its a 20 minute stroll into the city. A lot of people prefer to live in the city instead of out in the burbs where there isnt much happening.

churchview wrote: »
    Search for "Smithfield Market".

That mightn't be a good idea.

That mightn't be a good idea.

:D:D:D:D

I really didn't think that one through!

OP, there's a big apartment development called "Smithfield Market". There's also a monthly gathering of lovable rogues and rascals which goes by the same name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I might hijack this thread, want to get from Tallaght park and ride to the IFSC. It puts the time at around 56 mins which is grand.
    The Tallaght park and ride says it doesnt open until 7 which leaves it pretty tight if you need to be in by 8.
    Does anyone know if the entry time is accurate or could you knock in a few minutes earlier to make work at 8?

• Advertisement
Advertisement