Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from TCD

Options
  • 13-04-2011 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

I have receive bans before which could very much have been argued to have been justified (Gigs and Events (I think that's the name)) but this ban I received today was grossly unfair. I posted my opinion on the topic, namely inebriation at the TCD Ball last Friday evening. I was then asked to explain certain parts of my original post and then told to "shut up" when the poster wasn't satisfied with my reply. My opinion was then described as "idiotic" to why I replied, "It is not up to an IT student to decide what is "idiotic" I'm afraid. Good man for taking part though. Perhaps you should learn some basic manners while you're at it. Ta." Condescending, perhaps, but in keeping with the general tone of the topic at that stage.

The moderator, one "Johnathon," has used this one quote as all the justification he needs to ban me. Well apart from saying I was also banned from the UCD forum for a week, explaining that he "(doesn't) really care why you were banned in UCD."

What justification is there for this ban? Has any similar action been taken against Tragedy? He most certainly deserves to be reprimanded to a far greater degree than I do.

Advertisement