Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Grinds

Options
  • 13-04-2011 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some Java grinds as I have a Java project to do and it's been over a year since I did any proper programming. I know the CHART office offer Java grinds but I'd prefer to have 1 to 1 help and I'm probably past the beginners stage; I've done two years of Java at this stage but the project I'm working on now is more complex that something that would be done in the college.

If anyone is handy at Java and think that they could help could they send me a PM.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Both CHART and WITSU have a "Grinds List" where you can get contact details for someone who can provide grinds on a 1-1 basis. In some circumstances, the cost is covered by CHART.

Maybe your lecturer can point you in the right direction, or some of your class mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Thanks Sully, I didn't realise CHART had a list. It's a personal project so I can't really ask any of my lecturers or class mates.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Thanks Sully, I didn't realise CHART had a list. It's a personal project so I can't really ask any of my lecturers or class mates.

They should still be able to assist you without giving you answers, the lecturers. I don't see a problem with class group studying to assist each other getting on with the project - your there to learn at the end of the day. Lecturers read these forums anyway, they may offer the class help on reading this (depending if your lecturer wants to/can do/or reads this).

Put up a notice around campus also, and don't forget to check the WITSU list.

Another idea would be having a look at the Programming forum on Boards.ie, for specific questions at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 the quick fix

Hey, I am doing Physics and Astrophysics in Nui Maynooth at the moment and I am looking for grinds in computer science. I need help with programs in java that I need to write for continuous assesment but other things like regular expressions.

pm me if any interested.
    Thanks Shane

Advertisement