If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones

Options
  • 13-04-2011 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads

Just wondering have ye got any good in-ear sports headphones?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Clohane

I have 3 options from the Philips stable that may be of interest to you

First up is the SHQ1000
    shq1000_10_rtv_.jpg
    These are light weight in ear sports headphone
    The come with 3 pairs of different sized ear caps so you should find one thats snug and comfortable
    The ear caps are also antibactial, sweat and rain proof so will stand up to out door usage no worries.
    they also have a carry case and a clip

Full spec here
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/shq1000_10/shq1000_10_pss_eng.pdf
    These sell for €29.99

Option 2 is the SHQ3000
    shq3000_10_rtv_.jpg
    These earphones have, as you can see, earhooks that clip over the ear lobe for a very secure fit
    Once again they are antibacterial, sweat and rain proof
    Have a look here for spec
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/shq3000_10/shq3000_10_pss_eng.pdf
    These retail for €39.99

And finally the SHQ4000
    shq4000_10_rtv_.jpg
    For those that that like earphones with a neck band
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/shq4000_10/shq4000_10_pss_eng.pdf
    These sell for €49.99

You'll see from the spec sheets all have decent sensitivity plus a nice wide freq response - great bass as well.
    As these earphones are actually designed for sports usage so they are pretty robust and with the antibactieral caps and moisture proofing will stand up to the rigures of outdoor usage - they should last a lot longer then your standard everyday earphone as well.
    With the 3 different sizes of earcaps they should stay well planted in the old lug holes as well!

Let me know which takes your interest and i'll do you a great price on 'em

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Clohane wrote: »
    Hey Lads

Just wondering have ye got any good in-ear sports headphones?

Cheers

Clo,

For once I can say an YES without doubt - I using the O Neill 'speckled' SHO9550 http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sho9550_10/sho9550_10_pss_eng.pdf and I can tell you that I will never be without them again (unless something radical comes up!)

They are not too cheap, but they look great, are really comfortable, are exceptionally sturdy - mine have taken a complete trouncing for the last 6 months and still look as new - and best of all - They sound A M A Z I N G.

These come with 3 separate ear buds to ensure that you get a decent fit and that they don't drop or bounce out of your ears - however the best feature is that they have a completely non-tangle cable - I'm not sure how this is designed but the cord just never gets tangled up even after prolonged periods in the pocket - if I fold my Apple headphones neatly and pop then into my pocket and take them out 10 seconds later, they are tangled - with 'The Speckled' no matter what I do to them you just shake them and they run free - It's strange!

Anyway they sell at €29.99 - happy to do a price at €24.99 for a Boardie.

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

mmmm John, you're amusing the headphones
    Sounds......interesting:D:p

Ash

Just a little follow on from Johns post.

Here is our shop website with the full range of Philips /O'Neill Headphones.
    The set John mentioned is part of the SPECKED range and these are available in different colours.

Run your eye over here -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/philipsoneills.html

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Thanks for the replies lads.

I'll chance the O Neill ones i reckon, if i pay over the phone with a laser card can ye stick them in the post for me? (and which one of ye will i ring 2 pay :D)

• Advertisement

Hi Clohane

Give me a buzz on 01 474 0788 and i'll look after you:)
    I'll get 'em in the post today for ya.

Talk soon
    atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Hi Clohane

Give me a buzz on 01 474 0788 and i'll look after you:)
    I'll get 'em in the post today for ya.

Talk soon
    atb
    Ash

I'll give ya a buzz on pay day :D

cheers

no worries
    talk to ya then!

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.