Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor Gas Disaster

Options
  • 02-03-2011 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,
    I have received Calor Gas Bill yesterday and was absolutely shocked. My bill came to €457 for usage of 156 cubic m, and just out of curiosity I have compared my bill to my friend's who are with FloGas. They paid €347 for usage of 622 cubic m. The worst part that I can not switch to another supplier, because:
    First, I just signed 9 months renting agreement 2.5 months ago, otherwise I would change place immediately.
    Second, whole estate is using the same big tank from calor, so to get individual tank will probably cost a lot and my landlord wouldn't go for it!
    But hey!!! Look at the difference!!! If you take into consideration total bill and divide onto usage its €0.56c with Flogas V €2.93 with Calor!!!!
    After that Customer Service Level wouldn't bother me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I live in an old cold house but I find putting the heat on for 1/2 an hour 3 times a day is usually OK.
    Consider bit of insulation on the walls and in the attic as it will make a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

the_syco wrote: »
    Consider bit of insulation on the walls and in the attic as it will make a difference!
    attic is insulated, we'll look at getting the walls done late in the summer.....after i buy windows

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    attic is insulated, we'll look at getting the walls done late in the summer.....after i buy windows
    Check if you can get much of it paid for by a grant. Seems upgrading to a certain BER cert, gets you money back:

http://www.seai.ie/Grants/Home_Energy_Saving_Scheme/

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Elya wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have received Calor Gas Bill yesterday and was absolutely shocked. My bill came to €457 for usage of 156 cubic m, and just out of curiosity I have compared my bill to my friend's who are with FloGas. They paid €347 for usage of 622 cubic m.

Is your friend on LPG as well? You may not be comparing like with like, as you're on LPG, but your friend could be on natural gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leitrimlassie

Elya,

i am in the exact same boat as you, got a bill of €462 after Xmas, i was so shocked and it was just the worst time of year to get a bill like that. im living in an apartment block and calor is our only option

have been sending fortnightly meter readings to calor to try and keep on top of things, recently got a bill for €142 for only one month!!!

have rang calor lots to see if there is something wrong, but always get the same story, calor gas is dearer that natural gas.

seriously considering moving having spent €1000 in gas bills since last july!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement