Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland

Options
  • 13-04-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0413/masterchef.html

RTÉ Television has today launched 'MasterChef Ireland', unveiling Michelin-starred chef Dylan McGrath and top restaurateur Nick Munier as the judges for the new show.

MasterChef Ireland - Currently seeking applicants
    The programme is now searching for passionate amateur cooks to take part in the first Irish series of the hit television show.

Speaking about his participation in the show, Nick Munier said: "I'm hoping to see exceptional cooks that have a sense of flavour and a natural flair for food."

"I also want to see people who are genuinely ready to change their lives for a career in food."

Dylan McGrath said: "I'm very excited to be part of 'MasterChef Ireland' and I want to see people who are genuinely enthusiastic about food, who want this really badly and who have a real hunger to succeed."

"In particular I want to see people for whom food is more than just a hobby. I think I'll be instantly able to tell whether that is the case. Instinct is paramount, something you can't buy."

Series producer Lynda McQuaid said: "We want to find Ireland's best amateur cook and we want to hear from everyone in Ireland who thinks they have what it takes to be the very first 'MasterChef' champion."

Applicants will have just two weeks to apply to take part. Successful applicants for the show will go through a number of rounds to get to the audition stage of the competition, where they will be competing against some of the best amateur cooks in the country to gain a place on the series.

For more details on how to apply (and terms and conditions) visit the 'MasterChef Ireland' page here: www.rte.ie/masterchef

Applicants can also apply through 'The John Murray Show' on RTÉ Radio 1, the radio partner for 'MasterChef Ireland', to secure two places directly in the audition stage of the competition.

The winner of 'MasterChef Ireland' will win the coveted title of Ireland's first ever MasterChef and a prize of €25,000.

The closing date for applications is 27 April 2011.

0004733a-314.jpg

Kind of saw this coming with the ratings for the UK version on RTÉ Two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Blah its Shinawhil who are producing it Blah.

Advertisement