Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canceled Fingal bins, bins are still here...

Options
  • 13-04-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

I terminated my contract with fingal and started a subscription with city bin 3 months ago. i notified fingal in January and they still haven't taken them away?

any thoughts??

can i charge them rent or chop up the bins and put them in my city bin wheelie bins? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I'd be curious about this one myself. How long do they expect you to provide a home for their bins before you can dump them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ring them and tell them you'll be charging them €50 a day for storage for their bins that they have yet to take away, watch them collect them quick as a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

A friend had the same problem. Rang Fingal and told them that since he does not own them anymore they are out on the road and local kids are playing/messing with them and it is dangerous.

They were collected them few days later. Would also send off an email to say the same.......nothing like the thoughts of being sued to get Fingal moving!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I switched to Panda and they took the bins away, I never had to get Fingal to come and collect them. Check with City Bin, they may do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

I think panda have a deal with fingal coco. I'll email citybin anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Are citybin fairly reliable? I'm with fingal at the moment but with citybin being that little bit cheaper, i'm considering switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

Bins gone!

It only took 3 months, a phone call and 3 emails. The last email I sent to the manager of fingal. I found his email using google. The bins were collected 2 days after I emailed him.

Panda have a deal to take away fingals bins.

In my area citybin are cheaper, bigger brown bin, collected more frequently.

I'd be slow to change back...

Advertisement