Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

eternal wrote: »
    There were no rules where I worked.i had to listen to how the male chefs masturbated in gross detail.yeah was a ball.

You've been warned before. Stick to the topic of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

It's frustrating to watch the same thing play out every episode and have Mary emerge like the second coming of christ. She obviously has it won or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    It's frustrating to watch the same thing play out every episode and have Mary emerge like the second coming of christ. She obviously has it won or something.

the winner was the only one with any cooking skills whatsoever, the rest were devoid of any ability to be able to work in even the most average of bistros.

The show is edited to make it look interesting and to provoke debate etc, they are not seriously expecting to unearth any new cooking talent. The lack of basic cooking skills of the contestants serious held back the producers, they were unable to give the contestants the 3 course challenges that they do in other countries, they were not capable of cooking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I loved the head chef in the Shelbourne,he took no guff.Class

Is that the chap who made them shave their beards/moustaches because it was his kitchen and they had to work his way? :rolleyes:

You and I have very different ideas of taking "no guff" (and "class" for that matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Is that the chap who made them shave their beards/moustaches because it was kitchen and they had to work his way? :rolleyes:

You and I have very different ideas of taking "no guff" (and "class" for that matter).

agreed, he was desperately trying to act the big man, strange he was being such a stickler for hair etc when his was sticking all over the place more than anyone elses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Delighted for Mary! I was rooting for her since she lost it in the kitchen and freaked out at the chef, and then said feck it, I'll stick with it now, I'll do my thing..

Thought the last three were well deserved finalists, but there was always something about Mary..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I am happy for her ,but to be fair she didnt deserve to win.She spent the whole time flapping about crying and panicing ,life isnt about that .
    And for the trial in the kitchens ,the chefs were putting on a front being on tv.you can be sure they are all f8ing and cursing and shouting like in most heated kitchens.Although I think Oliver Dunne was prob the most normal of the three .Though I love the guy from Ecrivian ,derry clarke ,hes nice guy but could be crazy Id say.
    I mean youre talking about the best places in the whole country ,I could see the other chefs looking down when the camera was on them.They knew it was for show.
    I said it from the start that mcgrath faniced mary ,was totally obvious from a long time ago.And then it got to the stage where munier liked her too .Joke really.
    i enjoyed the shows I saw though all in all.Was wondering why they were left wear their chef clothes outside ,must have been fro artisitc licence !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

I am happy for her ,but to be fair she didnt deserve to win.She spent the whole time flapping about crying and panicing ,life isnt about that .
    And for the trial in the kitchens ,the chefs were putting on a front being on tv.you can be sure they are all f8ing and cursing and shouting like in most heated kitchens.Although I think Oliver Dunne was prob the most normal of the three .Though I love the guy from Ecrivian ,derry clarke ,hes nice guy but could be crazy Id say.
    I mean youre talking about the best places in the whole country ,I could see the other chefs looking down when the camera was on them.They knew it was for show.
    I said it from the start that mcgrath faniced mary ,was totally obvious from a long time ago.And then it got to the stage where munier liked her too .Joke really.
    i enjoyed the shows I saw though all in all.Was wondering why they were left wear their chef clothes outside ,must have been fro artisitc licence !

LOL, those grapes are sour.. Eastenders eat your heart out with the drama, 'who fancies who' thing....ehh wha?

The biggest part of the country was routing for Mary, and not because they 'fancied' her..but because she was more real, and a worker and somebody who delivered, never moreso than in the finale. Fair play and well done to all three finalists - the best lady won..there had to be 1 winner - good choice imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

How long would she last in a regular kitchen? I can't see a head chef taking the crying for long.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Corsendonk wrote: »
    How long would she last in a regular kitchen? I can't see a head chef taking the crying for long.

She didn't do much crying in Chapter One or Patrick Guilbaud, 2 of the best restraunts in the country. She struggled in the earlier rounds but when it really came down to it, she was fine.

I can't believe anyone can say she didn't deserve to win, the 3 courses she put up at the end were unbelievable and she was the most consistant all the way through. I'm delighted for her.

John Burton thought she was brilliant as well, so if nothing else you have to bow to his vast knowledge.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Delighted for Mary! Myself and Mrs Loire have been routing for her from the start. She was a cut above the rest IMO and her food last night looked amazing. I remember Dylan McGrath, when asked on the LLS what his favourite dish of the series was said it was the lobster, so when I saw Mary preparing this for her mains last night I knew she had won. I loved the bio of the 3 contestants last night too and Mary's mother and husband just seemed so nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Loire wrote: »
    Delighted for Mary! Myself and Mrs Loire have been routing for her from the start. She was a cut above the rest IMO and her food last night looked amazing. I remember Dylan McGrath, when asked on the LLS what his favourite dish of the series was said it was the lobster, so when I saw Mary preparing this for her mains last night I knew she had won. I loved the bio of the 3 contestants last night too and Mary's mother and husband just seemed so nice.
    How nice her family are has nothing to do with it.Its a competiton not a family party.
    when a chef goes into work they dont have their 'nice' family with them mopping up their tears cos they cant handle the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Just watched the final on the Sunday re run. All three were brilliant. The standard in the final was phenomenal and equally as good as anything we have seen in the UK and Aussie series. For me after Tim winning the UK version last year Mary is the best I've seen. Hopefully we will be eating her restaurant soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

How nice her family are has nothing to do with it.Its a competiton not a family party.
    when a chef goes into work they dont have their 'nice' family with them mopping up their tears cos they cant handle the service.

Easy tiger! The poster was just making a general observation about the contestant & never said that it had anything to do with their ability to cook. No need to have a go like that.

tHB

Advertisement