Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Tall Ships Festival. 30 June - 3 July

• 13-04-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Really looking forward to this Fantastic festival which will showcase Waterford to all of Ireland & further.

www.waterfordtallshipsrace.com

Well Done to all the organisers for doing a great job & getting top musical talent here. They've really managed to create a great festival around the event!

of course there will be inconvenieces with traffic & pubs being crowded etc but that's part of living in a city.

Every Waterfordian should be plugging this event like mad ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I can't wait!! It's going to be fantastic!!

(Really!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I can't wait!! It's going to be fantastic!!

(Really!)
    The lowest form of wit

Well you see I added the really bit cause there are various parts of it that I genuinely am looking forward to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Whether you're looking forward to it or not, everyone should be plugging it as best they can. Imagine the buzz around town with thousands of people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

tall-ships-01.jpg?w=600&h=500

waterford2.jpg

55635208_cf831f36dc.jpg

2932314720_e459d931f2.jpg

I can't feckin wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

I met a lady on the quay last thursday morning ,just had her purse picked from her open handbag, her weeks pension and some cards were in it, there was'nt much people around ,lent her my fone to ring The authorities,
    So point is
    The theiving scum & junkies will have a field day with extra crowds around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I met a lady on the quay last thursday morning ,just had her purse picked from her open handbag, her weeks pension and some cards were in it, there was'nt much people around ,lent her my fone to ring The authorities,
    So point is

Bah humbug.

We'll make them walk the plank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The last time the weather was fairly meh if I remember rightly. Those ships need to be seen in under a blazing sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DunmoreRode

I'll skip it I'd say and go to the park next time it's sunny, apparently that's better craic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

So point is

this happens in every city in every country on every continent. not something specific to waterford. in fact, if im not mistaken waterford has the lowest crime rate per head per city in the country)

(either that or people just aint gettin caught here)

but your right, they'll be out in their droves. not just waterford scumbags, im sure people will travel from other areas to capitalize on vulnerable and naiive tourists. at least if waterford scumbags rob money on american tourists they'll spend it in waterford shops thus supporting the local economy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

kkdela6 wrote: »
    this happens in every city in every country on every continent. not something specific to waterford. in fact, if im not mistaken waterford has the lowest crime rate per head per city in the country)

(either that or people just aint gettin caught here)

but your right, they'll be out in their droves. not just waterford scumbags, im sure people will travel from other areas to capitalize on vulnerable and naiive tourists. at least if waterford scumbags rob money on american tourists they'll spend it in waterford shops thus supporting the local economy :P
    We probably just have the lowest conviction rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

jayboi wrote: »
    We probably just have the lowest conviction rate.

Christ on a bicycle! talk about the glass being half empty!!! Is this the shagging pessimists forum or what? We are in the middle of a depression , we have a Council that are breaking the mould as regards what the stereo typical view is, one of the biggest street festivals in the country coming, and half of ye are droaning on like some od'ed Prozaced Cohen fans, who lost their stash.
    Give it a rest, or better still I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

This should be a right craic.

Any word on Bryan Ferry still playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Bryan ferry,aka the poor mans bryan adams
    Afraid he's a nono dodgy ticker I'm told,
    Heard jedward are been roped in which would make sense seen its for families
    Personally would like to see muse and rage against the machine
    Or in this case rage again the maratime law....

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

some people are unbelievable ... the whinging & moaning & negativity from some people on here is laughable .... ye must be the most depressed bunch I´ve ever come across!

A HUGE FREE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL on your doorstep & you are moaning about a pickpocketing 3 months beforehand & the FREE CONCERT ... if you don´t like him ´don´t go.

somepeople need a kickboxing in the head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

Well I guess it is the Waterford forum and therefore accurately reflects the fact that a lot of Waterford people are constant naysayers and always complaining about something :rolleyes:

I can't wait for this, it was deadly the last time - and then Spraoi a few weeks later, woo hoo!!! We really are being spoiled rotten this Summer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Bryan ferry,aka the poor mans bryan adams
    Afraid he's a nono dodgy ticker I'm told,
    Heard jedward are been roped in which would make sense seen its for families
    Personally would like to see muse and rage against the machine
    Or in this case rage again the maratime law....

You might find your ramblings amusing but I think the ignore option is looking good right now. Bryan Ferry the poor mans Bryan Adams? Two completely different types of artist. No wonder you listen to Rage Against the Machine

beegirl wrote: »
    Well I guess it is the Waterford forum and therefore accurately reflects the fact that a lot of Waterford people are constant naysayers and always complaining about something :rolleyes:

I can't wait for this, it was deadly the last time - and then Spraoi a few weeks later, woo hoo!!! We really are being spoiled rotten this Summer :)

Ok, this is getting boring now.

Ok, this is getting boring now.

You better go unsubscribe yourself from the thread so :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever subscribed to a thread in my life. My point is, do we need everybody to come in and go on about how we're all nay sayers and the begrudgers, and negatories....

I hope the people that are saying these things are out working hard to make this city a better place, as opposed to just preaching about it.

• Advertisement

I don't think I've ever subscribed to a thread in my life. My point is, do we need everybody to come in and go on about how we're all nay sayers and the begrudgers, and negatories....

I hope the people that are saying these things are out working hard to make this city a better place, as opposed to just preaching about it.

Well actually, totally off-topic obviously but you automatically 'subscribe' to a thread every time you post in it - and if you don't want to get updates from it any more you can unsubscribe in the control panel ;)

Anyway I'm not preaching but just saying that having events happening in Waterford is generally a good thing and I don't see why some people have to always knock them straight away, that's all!

beegirl wrote: »
    Well actually, totally off-topic obviously but you automatically 'subscribe' to a thread every time you post in it - and if you don't want to get updates from it any more you can unsubscribe in the control panel ;)

Anyway I'm not preaching but just saying that having events happening in Waterford is generally a good thing and I don't see why some people have to always knock them straight away, that's all!

I didn't know that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

I'll skip it I'd say and go to the park next time it's sunny, apparently that's better craic....
    You won't be drivin there, unless you have some pass lark,its its, inside,wait for it.....
    THE CORDEN
    a place where some residents,emergency vehikles,and the towns elite may only pass,
    have to stay home and tuck into some fishermans pie....

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Hoffmans! Have you always been like this or are you just really suffering from no longer being able to drink your name-sake??

How many ships are signed up at the moment?

Seen in the Paper that Enda Kenny is coming down to open it.

looking fwd to seeing O Emperor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

comeraghs wrote: »
    Seen in the Paper that Enda Kenny is coming down to open it.

looking fwd to seeing O Emperor!

I read that as

"Seen in the Paper that Enda Kenny is coming down to open it.

looking fwd to seeing the Emperor!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

comeraghs wrote: »
    some people are unbelievable ... the whinging & moaning & negativity from some people on here is laughable .... ye must be the most depressed bunch I´ve ever come across!

A HUGE FREE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL on your doorstep & you are moaning about a pickpocketing 3 months beforehand & the FREE CONCERT ... if you don´t like him ´don´t go.

somepeople need a kickboxing in the head!

Wont be free for most, i'd imagine they'll be a charge for the park and ride. Cant remember last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Free last time IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Free last time IIRC

€ 10 per car this time after 10 a.m

The bus will be free so for those who can get a lift to the pick up points.

And they're closing the bridge for the whole 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea well, for those of us within walking distance it's gonna be excellent and I think we deserve it :p

Advertisement