Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Tall Ships Festival. 30 June - 3 July

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

gscully wrote: »
    Ah feck...the Waterford one flew right over my house up by Williamstown and it was really low too. Amazing sight, but I was in my effing boxers, so couldn't go out to take a pic. Are they going again tomorrow?

You'd be amazed the stuff I've seen from those balloons! They usually fly around 7am and you'd often have the mammys in dressing gowns giving a wave from the garden :D Fair play to em.

Flying again tonight if the weather is right at around 8:30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Where is the childrens entertainment on? I know it's on north and south wharf but where exactly. Been asking people all day but after hours of walking I can't find a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

The Giant Ferris wheel is your friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

decies wrote: »
    The Giant Ferris wheel is your friend ;)

I wouldn't trust that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Trotter wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone get any good hot air balloon photos last night or this morning early?

This link should work i hope :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

shinzon wrote: »
    just as all the fireworks went off, some echoes between the buildings off those,

Speaking of the day time fireworks, was anyone around the high st area for those? Was great until the fireworks started hitting city square...smoke and fire alarms the result. When they then started dropping unexploded onto High St and then exploding...that was time to run :eek:

Luckily there was no one hurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Anyone know what time the Keneallys bus is running at from ferrybank to the glen? every 20 mins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Where can I find info on the balloon rides, anyone know?
    Can't find anything after a google :-\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

atmosphere is fantastic, everyone in great spirits. good weather, city is looking beautiful.

anyone who is anywhere else is missing out big time

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Where can I find info on the balloon rides, anyone know?
    Can't find anything after a google :-\

There's no balloon rides, it's just the pilots and crews.
    south wrote: »
    This link should work i hope :D

Some great shots there! What's the story with the fire service photo ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

kkdela6 wrote: »
    atmosphere is fantastic, everyone in great spirits. good weather, city is looking beautiful.

anyone who is anywhere else is missing out big time

My father and mother are just back from town. He can't stop talking about it.

Now let me tell you something. My father enjoying something, that is a miracle. He is a typical Irish grumpy old man and always finding fault with everything.

So it's saying something when he actually enjoyed himself.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

netbeatz wrote: »
    Speaking of the day time fireworks, was anyone around the high st area for those? Was great until the fireworks started hitting city square...smoke and fire alarms the result. When they then started dropping unexploded onto High St and then exploding...that was time to run :eek:

Luckily there was no one hurt

That's my type of health & Safety, great fun this sounds fantastic. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I CANT FIND MY TICKETS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

I went in this morning about 10. Parked in the gaa pitch in poleberry. I have to say the town is looking great. Everyone is in the spirit of it all. I went on board the gloria(colombian) and was greeted by a salute from the captain and his officers( the young fella loved it). Although there are not as many ships this time, I think there is much more on the quays in the way of stalls and food than there was last time. Fantastic family day out.

Did all those €5 blaas turn into €4.80 blaas today when the vat rate came down? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Good crowd forming for o emperor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Wow, it was really busy today. I fear what tomorrow may be like. I swear to god if another buggy cuts infront of me or someone stops in the middle of the crowd holding everyone up. I'm so impatient :D

The 18:20 train to Dublin was full by the time I got to it. Massive queue to get on, people started getting all panicked and some got a little bit angry with the staff. But fairplay to them they had buses Direct to Dublin, Direct to Carlow and one to Thomastown, Kilkenny and Bagnelstown ready to go in less than 30 mins. The staff joked about how they would hate to be getting the 23:15 train.

I think I will take some time to watch bands and relax on my own tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Did all those €5 blaas turn into €4.80 blaas today when the vat rate came down? :p

Get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

doubtful added on more like some prices around are terrible for whats been handed out.... tho in fairness a few of the local type pubs on the quay are doing 3.50 a pint which aint bad compared to the rip off tent @ tower doin 4.50 for same..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Get over it!

Now, now , pass the savings onto the customer ............Its not for your pocket .

• Advertisement

Get over it!

Nice.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Was down there today, great laugh:) Great to see the Gardai being lenient towards the old public drinking as well and just letting people get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,665 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Was down there today, great laugh:) Great to see the Gardai being lenient towards the old public drinking as well and just letting people get on with it.

thinkofthechildren.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Just talking to a mate that was at the Waterboys and he said they were " brutal". And i was talking to a friend that was in at Brian Ferry the night before and they said that gig was" rubbish" and that he wouldnt go on unless there were a 1000 in the VIP area. Anyone else been to any of these gigs? What did ye think of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Was @ The Waterboys last night. Great gig. Very well organised. Perfect spot for a gig in town. Hope they make more use of it in the future. Saying that I saw a flyer for an event there @ the Harvest Festival in Sept. - a huge bbq there with music by Ths Stunning, O Emperor & The Saw Doctors for €19.
    Overall the festival has been fantastic so far; the ships, the stalls, the food village, the craft area, the free gigs, the viking longboat replica, christchurch cathedral, new bishops palace museum, viking exibition in reginalds tower & the fantastic atmosphere in general. There is so much to see and do. Waterford is really looking amazing. Long it may continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Wow, it was really busy today. I fear what tomorrow may be like. I swear to god if another buggy cuts infront of me or someone stops in the middle of the crowd holding everyone up. I'm so impatient :D

The 18:20 train to Dublin was full by the time I got to it. Massive queue to get on, people started getting all panicked and some got a little bit angry with the staff. But fairplay to them they had buses Direct to Dublin, Direct to Carlow and one to Thomastown, Kilkenny and Bagnelstown ready to go in less than 30 mins. The staff joked about how they would hate to be getting the 23:15 train.

I think I will take some time to watch bands and relax on my own tomorrow.

This is a great advantage of Bus Eireann/Iarnrod Eireann over JJ Kavanagh. JJ Kavanagh simply doesn't have the buses on standby to get people down if there is a big increase in demand. Happened a few times after hurling matches, or just travelling from cork, that they put on extra buses on the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 louloubelle

Does anyone know how long the ships will be in Duunmore in the morning. Will they literally be sailing through or will they be staying for a while. I'm wondering really if it is worth the journey out with the inlaws!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

The much contested Waterford flag over the Railway station was vandalised by a few stray cats last night.

As this reporter writes,it's being returned to it's proper Blue and White glory.Fairplay to ye lads.

If anyone knows the boys,please pass on my congratulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

Icarus152 wrote: »
    The much contested Waterford flag over the Railway station was vandalised by a few stray cats last night.

pics or it never happened:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Straycat wrote: »
    pics or it never happened:D

Ha,nice name,the friggin' friggers did it in the dark.

Advertisement