Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Tall Ships Festival. 30 June - 3 July

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DunmoreRode

old gregg wrote: »
    yea well, for those of us within walking distance it's gonna be excellent and I think we deserve it :p

+1

Don't really consider myself walking distance but will be prepared to make the trek into town for this. The car certainly won't be moved for the weekend.

Can't wait for this now should be great for the town, just what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

too right. half a cooked chicken, a bit of salad, a few chilled cans and away we go. The tourists can do the tourist thing to keep the local economy ticking over and we can party and just enjoy the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

I've been on this site an awful long time, and I've only person on ignore, but if these threads keep going like this half this f*ckin form will be on ignore.

Relax and bloody enjoy the festival eh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Funnily enough I'm going to miss this both times. I have a wedding up the country that whole weekend and last time I didn't really realise how much of a big deal it was and pulled double shifts to cover people in work who wanted to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DunmoreRode

ziedth wrote: »
    Funnily enough I'm going to miss this both times. I have a wedding up the country that whole weekend and last time I didn't really realise how much of a big deal it was and pulled double shifts to cover people in work who wanted to go.

Ha that's funny alright. Oh well maybe you can make the thurs night, also i don't think the ships leave until the ealry hours of Monday morn so you can catch the tail end maybe Ziedth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

old gregg wrote: »
    yea well, for those of us within walking distance it's gonna be excellent and I think we deserve it :p

too right boy, if they don't want to pay for the services supprting an already free festival they can stay at home counting the pennies.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Oh I didn't actually realise that it was on the Thursday night. Very good. I'll at least get to have a look around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

What day is our toishock doing the opening,
    In all reality he's leaving himaself wide open for the inevitable imf austerity protests ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Last time was great so I'm looking forward to it.

I've got some of my Galway rellies coming down for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

What day is our toishock doing the opening,
    In all reality he's leaving himaself wide open for the inevitable imf austerity protests ....
    I'd say he'll be there for the first day of the festival which is Thursday, 30th June. I would hope any protestors realise there is a time and place to protest, and that the Tall Ships is neither.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

+1

Don't really consider myself walking distance but will be prepared to make the trek into town for this. The car certainly won't be moved for the weekend.

Can't wait for this now should be great for the town, just what we need.

Well you have 3 options:

1) walk
    2) cycle
    3) sail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I hope it will be a great success and I'm sure it will but it's just not my thing, enjoy it everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

How´s Brian Ferry these days?

Is he still on for the festival?

Has the Donegal postman made a weather forecast for the weekend yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Foxy lads says ....

i was at a meeting with tall ships yesterday - the expensice stalls (€750 + vat) not €2.5k.
    these premier stands will be on hanover st, o'connell st and gladstone.
    the price of the stand in this "food village" includes the cost of 400 tables and chairs, security staff and cleaning staff. a great idea at a fair price

as far as casual trading - chip vans etc - unless they are licenced by Tall Ships they will be moved on or the vehicle confiscated.

Sounds fair to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

He's on the mend.

Great coup to get him - he's also playing in Wicklow this summer and tickets start at 49 euros.
    comeraghs wrote: »
    How´s Brian Ferry these days?

Is he still on for the festival?

Has the Donegal postman made a weather forecast for the weekend yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Will be a big boost for the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Yo will need a ticket for free gigs. available online this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Yo will need a ticket for free gigs. available online this week

whens that out and how do i get em!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A date hasnt been confirmed as of yet for these tickets been issued, WLRfm posted on twitter today that "tickets would be available in the coming weeks"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Middle of May.

Tickets for Thursday,Friday and Saturday gigs go on sale on their respective days of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Go on sale? Am I missing something?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Jesus, I wouldn't blame people for whinging, two tickets per applicant, that's shocking, this is suppose to be a family friendly event, how can any family expect to go to these free gigs now.

Even if I try and log on and get 2 tickets and get my wife to log on and get another 2, can you imagine the looks that's we'll get on the night if we have our kids with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Are you able to apply for more than one event? :confused:

It's not an ideal way of distributing the tickets, but as the press release says there are only 12,000 tickets available for each concert so no matter what happens there's bound to be some people who will miss out.

Surely people can work out ways of getting more than 2 tickets if they need to. They are giving out tickets in John Roberts Square so you could get extra tickets there, or get a family member/friend/neighbour/workmate (if they are not going themselves) to get tickets for you. Or someone might set up a thread here for people to get tickets from someone who can't go, or for people who want to swap e.g. swap a Bryan Ferry ticket for a Waterboys ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Are they saying that they're putting measures in place to ensure you only get to go to one of the three gigs? Or that you don't get more than two tickets for one event? Or both things?

Not particularly clear.

Yeah it's not clear but I would say it's being limited to 2 tickets per person per concert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

And they're closing the bridge for the whole 3 days.

The toll company will make a fortune :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

mikeym wrote: »
    The toll company will make a fortune :eek:

Surely it'll be toll free?

• Advertisement

Surely it'll be toll free?
    It will be free for the duration of the event:
    “The availability of the M9 Dublin-Waterford motorway and – in particular – the Outer Ring Road and the Suir Bridge which will be toll-free during The Tall Ships Races 2011 are all assets when it comes to traffic planning for this major event.
    http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/homepage-event/policing-and-logistics-details/

Might as well just also mention that anyone who needs a permit to get passed the cordon needs to apply before 13th May.

Advertisement