Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Tall Ships Festival. 30 June - 3 July

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

yes went over looking for Free gig tickets and ended up here
    now are they taking the pi$$ or what ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Hoffmans wrote: »
    yes went over looking for Free gig tickets and ended up here
    now are they taking the pi$$ or what ?
    The concerts are still free:
    http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/homepage-event/free-tickets-will-be-available-online-for-tall-ships-concerts/

The page you linked to has absolutely nothing to do with the concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

event:
    Might as well just also mention that anyone who needs a permit to get passed the cordon needs to apply before 13th May.

the corden lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

cant wait to see it again,some load of crowds will at it! waterford will be doing great again with it

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Swissarmyknife

Cant get onto the website this morning,most likely down to the amount of people trying for tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Does anyone have the link to apply for the tickets? Can't find it on the website anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Does anyone have the link to apply for the tickets? Can't find it on the website anywhere
    Second that.
    From 9am on Wednesday, May 18, tickets will be available free-of-charge on this website for the Bryan Ferry concert at Bolton Street
    http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/homepage-event/free-tickets-will-be-available-online-for-tall-ships-concerts/
    Where exactly on this website?

On WLR FM they're talking you have to log on...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Mickey Mouse .They must have known that their would have been thousands logging on this morning.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

beazee wrote: »
    Second that.

Where exactly on this website?

On WLR FM they're talking you have to log on...

nowhere to log on as far as i can see, just a "sign up for alerts" box, needless to say I cant find anywhere to get the tickets either

Same here,cant find any link to apply for the tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

well done to the organisers- only had a few months to get things right and they messed it all up.

I hope the organisation for the actual event will be a lot better.

Take a bow son!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Ditto, no sign of how to get them. Was looking for the folks.

Just got two there now.the link is on its home page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

2 tix in the bag, but agree the farcical site design did not make it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

got 2 tickets meself after a while, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Thanks a million for that :D The mother would have disowned me if I didn't manage to get tickets!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Actually logged in to thank this, went up and down that website trying to find the page. I dont think there is any link from the main page is there?

Anyway, all's well that ends well (for me) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

All gone already, bloody hell! I thought they weren't even on sale before 9am, how come people here were getting them at 8.30?? If I had known that I could have got them before I left for work :mad: What time are they released at, so I know for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

They're all gone :(

• Advertisement

beegirl wrote: »
    All gone already, bloody hell! I thought they weren't even on sale before 9am, how come people here were getting them at 8.30?? If I had known that I could have got them before I left for work :mad: What time are they released at, so I know for tomorrow?

well, in Waterford it's nearly 10am so yes they did go out at 9. Where are you located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

We couldn't get into it till 9.30 and got them

I'm assuming that as there's no mods logged in at the moment we can use the forum to scalp the sh1t out of these tickets until they wake up :p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

old gregg wrote: »
    well, in Waterford it's nearly 10am so yes they did go out at 9. Where are you located?

In waterford!!! Maybe I am half asleep but I could have sworn there was a post at 8.30 where someone said they got tickets - now the timestamp on that same post says 9.30, sure enough :o I must be losing it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭MunsterM

Very disappointed. Been trying since 9am to get on the site, and only saw the link to the ticket page when someone posted it here. But then it was too late and all the tickets had gone. I assumed that there'd be a link from the Tall Ships home page page, but never saw one, the only link there goes to the page announcing the free tickets.

Ah well, have to get me mammy to queue to see if she can get me some smile.gif

hope those who got tickets enjoy the concert.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭MunsterM

In waterford!!! Maybe I am half asleep but I could have sworn there was a post at 8.30 where someone said they got tickets - now the timestamp on that same post says 9.30, sure enough :o I must be losing it!!!

No, you're not dreaming, I saw those times also, but they've changed to the real time now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Thank's beazee,I think I must almost have got the last ones,I was on at 8-55 waiting and couldnt find the link for the actual tickets anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

MunsterM wrote: »
    No, you're not dreaming, I saw those times also, but they've changed to the real time now !
    Same here I was wondering how they were got at 8-30.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭deeks

Got 2 myself at about 9.35.

As an aside, did anyone who secured tickets get a confirmation e-mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

deeks wrote: »
    Got 2 myself at about 9.35.

As an aside, did anyone who secured tickets get a confirmation e-mail?

Yeah, I got a confirmation email.

Advertisement