Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Tall Ships Festival. 30 June - 3 July

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

yes this is it:
    Congratulations. You have been allocated two tickets to your concert of choice.
    Your tickets will be posted to you in early June.
    Please note that tickets are not for sale and cannot be sold on.
    To keep updated with the Waterford Tall Ships Festival Like our Facebook page
    Click on the link below for more information on the Tall Ships
    www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yep, got the email.
    I have a feeling that whoever was responsible for making sure the book tickets link was available at 09:00 was not 'aboard' until 09:30 hence the confusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

MunsterM wrote: »
    Very disappointed. Been trying since 9am to get on the site, and only saw the link to the ticket page when someone posted it here. But then it was too late and all the tickets had gone. I assumed that there'd be a link from the Tall Ships home page page, but never saw one, the only link there goes to the page announcing the free tickets.

Ah well, have to get me mammy to queue to see if she can get me some smile.gif

hope those who got tickets enjoy the concert.

M

Remaining tickets will be handed out in the city on Jun 4th. Details on website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

This allocation process was a joke. I couldn't get to the link as first there was no link, then the site simply kept bombing out. Finally got in at 10.40am only to see all tickets allocated. Disappointing. But can't help feel the organisers didn't have a back up plan in case of things going south. I accept it is a huge event to organise, but I assume the people involved are experienced, and it's not like they didn't have time to get it right.

Anyway, will try again tomorrow. And I do hope the Tall Ships will be a huge success, as I expect it will. Waterford needs it, the country needs it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Same here,cant find any link to apply for the tickets.
    Roen wrote: »
    Ditto, no sign of how to get them. Was looking for the folks.
    mecco wrote: »
    Actually logged in to thank this, went up and down that website trying to find the page. I dont think there is any link from the main page is there?
    MunsterM wrote: »
    Very disappointed. Been trying since 9am to get on the site, and only saw the link to the ticket page when someone posted it here. But then it was too late and all the tickets had gone. I assumed that there'd be a link from the Tall Ships home page page, but never saw one, the only link there goes to the page announcing the free tickets.
    lewisdhead wrote: »
    This allocation process was a joke. I couldn't get to the link as first there was no link
    Are ye all blind? There is a link for tickets on the HOME PAGE of the Tall Ships website.

159476.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭MunsterM

Yes, the link is there now, but it wasn't earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭deeks

No need to be such a smart arse. There was no link there til approx 9.30 even though the tickets were meant to be available since 9.00.

That link was there when I checked this morning. The site was down at 9am this morning. As soon as it was back up the link was there.

Are ye all blind? There is a link for tickets on the HOME PAGE of the Tall Ships website.

159476.JPG

I can see perfectly, thanks for asking. The link wasn't there originally.

I can see perfectly, thanks for asking. The link wasn't there originally.
    It was there at 9.30am this morning when I was on the site anyway.

• Advertisement

It was there at 9.30am this morning when I was on the site anyway.

Fine mate, your point is made. However you are still missing our point. But hay ho, not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

That link was there when I checked this morning. The site was down at 9am this morning. As soon as it was back up the link was there.

THAT link wasnt there. A similar link in the same place was there that linked to a page of static text at this URL: http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/homepage-event/free-tickets-will-be-available-online-for-tall-ships-concerts/

Since then, a redirect has been added to send you to the tickets page. It seems unlikely all of us were equally blind though tbh.

Fine mate, your point is made. However you are still missing our point. But hay ho, not to worry.
    What is your point then? Ye complained that there was no link on the site which is the only thing I am referring to.

The link for tickets could also be found here:
    http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/the-festival/
    http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/the-festival/music/

mecco wrote: »
    THAT link wasnt there. A similar link in the same place was there that linked to a page of static text at this URL: http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/homepage-event/free-tickets-will-be-available-online-for-tall-ships-concerts/

Since then, a redirect has been added to send you to the tickets page. It seems unlikely all of us were equally blind though tbh.
    Yeah you're right that the link originally went to the URL you gave. But the new link http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/tickets/ was there this morning when I was on the site. Maybe I was on the site on a few minutes after the link was updated so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Oh shup' whingin' the lot of ye!

You'll know better for tomorrow morning and friday morning so you can try again for the other tickets.

You'll know better for tomorrow morning and friday morning so you can try again for the other tickets.

Ha! Obviously you got tickets so.

Thing is we knew what was supposed to happen this morning too, but it didn't.;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Yeah you're right that the link originally went to the URL you gave. But the new link http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/tickets/ was there this morning when I was on the site. Maybe I was on the site on a few minutes after the link was updated so.

True, The important point here is I got tickets anyway ;):D

Ah I suppose they are die hard Bryan Ferry fans so I can understand they are upset that they might not get to see their hero play in Waterford.

There will be another opportunity to get tickets for these concerts:
    In addition to the online ticket allocation which will be done on a first-come- first-served basis, further free tickets for all three concerts will be distributed at John Roberts Square in Waterford from 11am on June 4 when there will be separate queuing for each of the three concerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Damn it only saw this now, wish somebody had started a tall ships ticket thread and I would have noticed that one!! Why couldn't they just had the concert on the closed off quay or something :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

decies wrote: »
    Damn it only saw this now, wish somebody had started a tall ships ticket thread and I would have noticed that one!! Why couldn't they just had the concert on the closed off quay or something :-(

Because Brian Ferry is hard-core old-school Rock N' Roll.

You never know what the crowd is going to do.
    You can't leave that sort of stuff to chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

decies wrote: »

I ordered tickets but with the child I probably won't be able to go so more than likely you can have mine Ger.

I ordered tickets but with the child I probably won't be able to go so more than likely you can have mine Ger.

Good man will take you up on that :)

9 am ticket website crashed :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

refresh and all should be fine. I saw the crash errors but now have tix

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

lot easier to get tickets this morning than yesterday anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I got as far as entering my details and hitting the SEND button, but the next page crashed. Same again when I retried. Not sure mine would've been accepted.

Not sure I care either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Wow that website really had a crap attack at 9am!

Got my tickets though, now the waiting game begins to see if I actually get them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

NOTE

The site is crashing repeatedly due to the high traffic.

Once you are sent to a different page after entering your details and click send, check your email address' junk folder.

I was sent back to the tickets page repeatedly by mistake, instead of the 'Thanks' page, but still got the email sent to me to confirm I tickets.

Now I'm going back to bed.

Edit: Tickets are gone within 20 minutes, check your email inbox and junk/spam folder to see if you were sent a confirmation email.

E-mail says i have waterboys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

The Waterboys - Sorry, tickets fully allocated for this concert, that didn't take long!

Advertisement