Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Tall Ships Festival. 30 June - 3 July

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I think there'll be firework displays on all 3 nights.
    excellent. I'd like if there were fireworks every night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

The site seems pretty flaky this morning as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 vespa

No problem again this morning getting tickets ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

na site kept crashing for me

This is some bunch of f*****g s**t. I was on the site from 09.00 and the goddamn page wouldn't come up, it finally does and the f*****g tickets are gone. They can shove their sharon shannon up their holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

even tho site kept crashing on me I just got an email to say I got them !

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

This is some bunch of f*****g s**t. I was on the site from 09.00 and the goddamn page wouldn't come up, it finally does and the f*****g tickets are gone. They can shove their sharon shannon up their holes.

When I hit the send button it looked like it was crashing.....but I checked my e-mail and saw that I had got 2 tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I popped on the phone at 9:06 and got tickets no problem. Could be time to move on from the commodore 64 rafa

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

If there's anyone out there with Waterboys tickets who won't be able to go - I'll gladly put them to good use.

I popped on the phone at 9:06 and got tickets no problem. Could be time to move on from the commodore 64 rafa

I'm on a work computer but its not that bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

lewisdhead wrote: »
    I got tics this morning but failed yesterday. Site crashed on both days, yesterday was worse, today it came back after a few minutes. Really disappointing that the organisers didn't get this right.

Isn't it around now that the people who got tics start telling the people who didn't to stop moaning and whingin.

In fairness even dedicated ticket sites like ticketmaster go down under the weight of demand at times. As this site I imagine is nowhere near like that set up I dont think we can judge them too harshly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

vespa wrote: »
    No problem again this morning getting tickets ;)

You stirring it up again??:D:D;);)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lads, I don't know if it has been mentioned on here already, but of the 12k tickets been made available for each gig, only 3 to 4 thousand were released online for each gig. There will be thousands more distributed on the sat of the June bank holiday weekend in John Roberts square.

by that afternoon they will be blowing around red square along with sundry leaflets and crisp packets :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I'd say there'l be a huge amount available on each night too

I'm sure there'l be no bother standing on lombard street anyway

let there be no panic

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

does anybody know what day (or Days) the ships are coming in?

More important to me is what time and day are they leaving Waterford? need to know so as to arrange not to be working that day or night and go down river on my friends boat:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 vespa

lewisdhead wrote: »
    You stirring it up again??:D:D;);)
    No way Lewisdhead :D:D:D Wont be long now to you know what ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Godsentme wrote: »
    does anybody know what day (or Days) the ships are coming in?

More important to me is what time and day are they leaving Waterford? need to know so as to arrange not to be working that day or night and go down river on my friends boat:)
    I would say the ships will sail in on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

Ships sail out on Sunday, dunno what time. Last time I think they sailed out in the morning, and judging by the below they will be going out early.
    On Sunday 3rd July, Dunmore East is expected to attract large crowds to view the Parade of Sail and, as a consequence, will be a no traffic zone. Zoned parking areas will be provided, less than 1km from the village. A bus service from Parnell Street in Waterford City will operate from 7.00a.m. and will collect passengers from stops on the Dunmore Road. The bus service will drop passengers right in the heart of Dunmore East. Attractions on the day will include live music on two stages and other street entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I emailed the organisers.

Reply:

Thank you for your email.

We expect the Tall Ships to begin arriving in Waterford in the week beginning Monday June 27th. On what day they arrive during that week will depend on where they are coming from but, we expect all ships to be here by Thursday June 30th.
    The Parade of Sail will take place on Sunday July 3rd beginning at 7 am.
    I hope the information attached may be of benefit to you,

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

7am! that´s a bit early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Might be because of the tides ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

For anyone who is interested the Tall Ship USCGC Eagle will be in Waterford for the weekend arriving tomorrow. Its open to the public each day and admission is free.

http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/2487/1096515/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

JackM_79 wrote: »
    For anyone who is interested the Tall Ship USCGC Eagle will be in Waterford for the weekend arriving tomorrow. Its open to the public each day and admission is free.

http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/2487/1096515/

Jack , she arrived at lunchtime today !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

was that the coast guard ship that was here last time and they gave out commemorative coins when you went aboard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

old gregg wrote: »
    was that the coast guard ship that was here last time and they gave out commemorative coins when you went aboard?

Id say so...cause my nephew was brandishing said coins today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

old gregg wrote: »

Trust the Americans for some razzamatazz.

I got one of the coins last time. It has shield of honour or something on it. Also last time there were commemorative stamps. One sheet of 25 stamps. I used them all by now, sending postcards of beautiful Waterford to people abroad I know.

Maybe they'll bring out the stamps again.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I went down to look at the eagle today as i was walking down along the quay by the flood relief barrier,
    as I was walking up towards the bridge I heard a few people shouting at a passer by as I got closer to the group they started asking an american tourist for a go of his camera but he ignored them and they then shouted at him
    then as I passed they asked me a few questions not really allowing me to pass.

Now they wern't violent towards me but it was very intimidating never mind the fact they were openly drinking (all day by the look of it).
    Surely for the love of christ if we are trying to show our city in the best possible light then this sort of thing should be tackled with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

jayboi wrote: »
    Now they wern't violent towards me but it was very intimidating never mind the fact they were openly drinking (all day by the look of it).
    Surely for the love of christ if we are trying to show our city in the best possible light then this sort of thing should be tackled with.

Yeah, them feckin' sailors are a law unto their own :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 berryredjen

has anyone visited the ship today (sunday)? was planning on it but then someone said it left yesterday??

Advertisement