Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Tall Ships Festival. 30 June - 3 July

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 louloubelle

My Dad brough my son down this morning so it's still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I got my Bryan Ferry ticket's this morning.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Gots me shiny Waterboys tickets too. Looks like they were all sent this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Got waterboys this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

tickets look pretty fancy for sure, reminiscent of how gig tix used to look like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭deeks

Bryan Ferry and Waterboys tickets arrived yesterday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Got my Waterboys tickets this morning.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

did you see the new ad on tv for the tall ships

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Seems anybody who was in red square this morning got tickets, and could go back for seconds too. So it looks like nobody can be disappointed if they didnt get some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Hey all. Sorry I didn't read the entire thread but I was just wondering if there is going to be a large stage in the plaza this time, or in Reds Square?
    I assume there is going to be a funfair on the end of the docks too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

should be a great festival..
    but can anyone explain this to me ,baffling...
    http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/discover-waterford/maritime-heritage/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hoffmans wrote: »
    should be a great festival..
    but can anyone explain this to me ,baffling...
    http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/discover-waterford/maritime-heritage/

Explain what exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Gonna book the weekend off work. Cant wait. Since moving away from waterford, the last tall ships festival is one of the excellent memories i have that always reminds me of home.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Explain what exactly?

why vikings are refered to as "adventurers"??duh!

why vikings are refered to as "adventurers"??duh!
    Because they weren't philosophers or farmers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

disappointed to hear that the Suir bridge will not be toll free as previously promised.

are they charging for the Park & Ride? How much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

comeraghs wrote: »
    .....are they charging for the Park & Ride? How much?

from, http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/discover-waterford/getting-there/parking-access-during-the-tall-ships-races/

Three large Park & Ride sites will operate, two at Newrath and one at Carrickphierish. Up to 50 buses, including double deckers will run continuously from the parking sites to designated drop-off points in the city centre. A total of 30,000 parking spaces are being provided.
    Traffic approaching from Wexford will be directed to the BLUE car park via Ferrybank. Traffic approaching from Dungarvan, Tramore and Dunmore East will be directed to the GREEN car park in Carrickpherish. Traffic approaching from Kilkenny and Tipperary will be directed to the RED car park via Grannagh.
    There will be a flat all-in charge of €10 per car for use of the Park & Ride that includes a free copy of the official brochure. To facilitate the business community and city centre workers, there will be no charge for the Park & Ride sites before 10am.
    To supplement the fleet of buses, those returning to their cars will also be facilitated with safe well signed walking routes to ease delays at peak times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's a 32 page supplement about the Tall Ships in next week's RTE Guide. I haven't read it yet but it looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Is that the official programme mum?

yes the sheepness of it all "no charge before 10am" lol..

didnt mention that the buses will be chargin tho b4 10am....

• Advertisement

decies wrote: »
    Is that the official programme mum?

It's hard to say but it's a pull-out supplement and is probably a replica of the official programme.

It's got all sorts of info ranging from the ships - pictures and info on them, the acts appearing during the event, Keith Barry, Brendan Bowyer, Sproai, food, crafts etc. and lots of info on Waterford.

It's also got into on tv and radio coverage of the whole thing.

yes the sheepness of it all "no charge before 10am" lol..

didnt mention that the buses will be chargin tho b4 10am....

Will the regular buses be running during the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭nhg

We would love to bring our 7yr old to see the firework display - which night would be the best to go.

We will have to park in the Red Park & Ride as we will be coming from the kilkenny side, what time do the buses stop travelling back to the park and ride at nightime.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

You will have to walk, buses are stopping at 10! Sucks I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

from the clock tower centre of the quay there is at least a 2 mile walk to the nearest park n ride or it would be about a tenner in a taxi ,+ tenner for the parking , not very considerate from the organisers towards people with kids and the like ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Are the taxi drivers going to reduce their fees , due to to the huge demand over the 3 days ?

Are the taxi drivers going to reduce their fees , due to to the huge demand over the 3 days ?
    In an ideal world they would, in a world where they want as much money as possible (aka this one)....no. If anything I'm gonna be making sure I'm not ripped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

The first Class A ship (the big ones) is on it's way in! The Royalist is coming up to Passage East around now.

Here's a handy link to track all the ships as they come in: http://www.marinetraffic.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Daysha wrote: »
    Here's a handy link to track all the ships as they come in: http://www.marinetraffic.com/

That site really takes the fun out of playing battleship.

H9, FIRE!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

If you live near one of the park and ride places but dont drive can u use the buses?

Advertisement