Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs -v- Real Madrid, Champions league Quarter-final 2nd leg

Options
  • 13-04-2011 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Whatever happens tonight I think this will be a fantastic game and Spurs will tear into them from the off. WHL will be rocking from well before kick off. Pienaar and Hudd are in the squad while Krancjar is injured and Crouchie is suspended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart, Pavlyuchenko.

From the beeb.

Great team, COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Can see this being a heartbreaking night like 3-0 up and peno miss in last min or 4-0 up and last minute goal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I honestly think that if this was 3-0 before kickoff we'd get through. I just think there is something in the air. Think Spurs are like 400/1 to get through on penalties stick a few euro on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hmmm, started more or less like last week. Big dive by Bale, really should've seen a yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Vdv playing midfield again so one up front. No chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Thud having a mare

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

pav is a waster!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Arsenal fan here, that was stonewall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

mickman wrote: »
    Vdv playing midfield again so one up front. No chance

bigtime , someone tell vdv that he is playing upfront not in midfield:rolleyes:

he strolling around , get defoe on upfront

VDV is gone to pot altogether!!!waste of time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Woulf bring Defoe for VDV - as we need 2 up front at all times .. VDV too busy going into midfield looking for handy ball ... Should have had at least 1 pen ... COYS !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Disappointed not to be one up think pav is doing well VDV not got started having to drop deep to help defensively and then not able to keep up with bale or Lennon on the break then.

mother of god!!!! how many more goals is that clown going to cost us?????

Gomes responsible directly for two if not three out of the five goals. Says it all. I like the guy but we need a new goalie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Gomes has not had a good season. He's been directly responsible for at least 4 - 5 goals and needs to sort that out before next season or he'll be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

once he doesnt do it against the goons next wednesday night:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Terrible Goalie .....

Putting ur hands palms up to block a driven shot is shocking in fairness . Van der saar wud just have left it hop off his chest

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

Gomes should have done better, Pav should have scored as well.

In fairness, Bale, Modric and Dawson are the only ones who are holding their own.

Pav is not at the races - need to offload him in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

tomo75 wrote: »
    Gomes should have done better, Pav should have scored as well.

In fairness, Bale, Modric and Dawson are the only ones who are holding their own.

Pav is not at the races - need to offload him in the Summer.

I thought Pav has had a good game, in fairness to him he has never been a lone striker, however he's been involved in some great link up play today and set up two goals on Saturday. The reason he's inconsistent is HR's poor rotation policy (rotation meaning Crouch plays 9/10 games).

• Advertisement

Pav has done fine

Vdv needs to go to weight watchers. Jose got rid cos u have to pick your team around him and he isn't good enough for that . He is not a team player and dosent know how to fit into any particular system . If Harry continues to okay him then we won't get 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

I thought Pav has had a good game, in fairness to him he has never been a lone striker, however he's been involved in some great link up play today and set up two goals on Saturday. The reason he's inconsistent is HR's poor rotation policy (rotation meaning Crouch plays 9/10 games).

Ok, I agree that he was good on Saturday but he is not at this level - He has had his chances to stake his claim before but has always been casual in his approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

tomo75 wrote: »
    Ok, I agree that he was good on Saturday but he is not at this level - He has had his chances to stake his claim before but has always been casual in his approach.

Crouch needs to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Think VDV is just running out of steam towards the end of the season - Harry reckons its due to not having a good pre season .. Hopefully he'll get back to form before the end of the season - big game now next Wed night !!! Hopefully the gooners will take care of the pool at the weekend and we can get 3 points of the Goons next week ... Would hate to see city get 4th aheas of us ... ( but its a strong possibility ) !! !COYS !!!

bad display tonight,i have a feeling we wont see champions league football at the lane for a long long time.if we dont qualify this year we will lose bale and modric,contracts mean **** all.

Disappointed to lose tonight thought we actually played very well bale benny and daws were very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭happy hotspur

Lads, why all the bitching about the players. Yes Gomes made some mistakes but he kept us in the tie against AC especially in the San Siro. Pav and VDV have been excellent in earlier games too. Rember this is VDVs first season and he arrived late. Pav doesn't get much game time and because we don't have a reserve team he will never be fit enough, he needs a run of 10-12 games in the side which just won't happen.
    Be proud of your players and club and all the joy they have brought us remember things could be a whole lot worse.

Anyone else think Harry was protecting Lennon hudd and modric when he took them off?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone else think Harry was protecting Lennon hudd and modric when he took them off?

If he was, then it was the right call. The last 20 minutes didnt matter, Arsenal next week matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

anyone listening to dunphy:mad: what f**ing c**t..fergie this man u that. spurs will go bk to been a mid-table team.makes me sick its our first season in it and we did brilliant.so f**k u dunphy we'll defo be bk in it next year.you'll eat your words.COYS

Advertisement