Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs -v- Real Madrid, Champions league Quarter-final 2nd leg

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

anyone listening to dunphy:mad: what f**ing c**t..fergie this man u that. spurs will go bk to been a mid-table team.makes me sick its our first season in it and we did brilliant.so f**k u dunphy we'll defo be bk in it next year.you'll eat your words.COYS
    I turned them off,couldn't be listening to them any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm gutted after going out but at least our season is still alive with 4th to play for,we can still make it,bring on Arsenal next Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

anyone listening to dunphy:mad: what f**ing c**t..fergie this man u that. spurs will go bk to been a mid-table team.makes me sick its our first season in it and we did brilliant.so f**k u dunphy we'll defo be bk in it next year.you'll eat your words.COYS

Sounds like typical RTE football punditary.

Unless you wear red and come from the North West of England then basically they consider anyone else a bo11ix.

The fact that this sh1te comes from Dunphy shouldn't bother anyone as he was a w8nker of a player and really knows feck all about football, however the continued ultra bias towards two north west english teams consistently is a sad indictment on how the national broadcaster can not move on from the usual suspects.

Oh how they will sing the glorys when Man U lose so honourably 3-0 in the final against Barca and then crawl up SAF's arse for what he has achieved. Bring me the bucket .....please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I thought Dunphy gave us slight praise, he acknowledged that it was unfair on Spurs that Crouch was sent off before the 180mins had really got started as neither tackle was malicious and that the refs are of a poor standard.

Watching RTE only proves to me that Giles is turning into a waffling senile. At one stage he said spurs are failing to move forward having continuously qualified for the CL the last few seasons... Exsqueez me?!

Then the whole panel bashed Gomes for tipping Kaka's shot around the post, if that were Cech or VDS it would have been 'top drawer finger tip save'. They're on a par with the sub-standard, non-impartial, old top-four loving, sycophants that are Off the Ball (Newstalk). RANT OVER.

Dawson was immense tonight and proved why he is a class above Terry. For our first season out in the CL the quarter final is as good as any team can expect and were it not for some moments of madness last Tuesday we 'could' have got to the semi's....

I love being a yid, its in my veins! Roll on the goons!

PS. one thing Dunphy did get right, Sandro is gonna be a class act!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

fabvinny wrote: »
    bad display tonight,i have a feeling we wont see champions league football at the lane for a long long time.if we dont qualify this year we will lose bale and modric,contracts mean **** all.

Thought it was a good display myself :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Why do people keep saying vdv arrived late and that's why he is Tiring etc. That's absolute rubbish. Anyone who has played sports knows that that's nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Thought we did ok last night, we were always going to be up against it and we gave Madrid a few problems. But Madrid are a quality team and it would take a special performance to beat them over the 2 legs.
    But we've had a great run in this competition and done better than i expected ..

We've beaten the current European Champions,German and Dutch champions, we've won in the San Siro .. and all the players have played their part so i'll not be blaming anyone...

Atmosphere at the lane last night was rocking, more of a party than a funeral march ... and its nights like these that make you realise why you follow this team...

We will always strive for better, we will always look to see how we can improve .. we may never get there but we'll have fun on the way trying ...

So lets concentrate on the League now and get 4th position and do it all again next year

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Really enjoyed watching the Champions League and I thought Tottenham were excellent for large parts of it. Dissapointed with the Gomes howler, he's a liability at set pieces and corners and always will be. Good shot stopper but so are plenty of keepers in the Premiership. He doesn't command his box and lacks authority.

What if the first leg had of been 0-0 and last night was the deciding goal. I just don't trust the guy, he's 30 and it's not like he hasn't had a chance to work on that side of his game and I'm sure before the season ends it won't be his last error. I do genuinely like the guy, I just don't trust his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Was gutted when I saw the teams and that we only had 1 up top. We played well in the first half hour, and if we had a 2nd striker to support Pav, I seriously believe we would have scored. Ultimately I think when we reached half time with no return, it was game up.

The goal was a disgrace, I wont go in to it any more.

I thought Pav did very well for a fella who was on his own most of the time. VDV being allowed to do what he wants could really fcuk up our chance of getting 4th. We need to play 2 up top against Arsenal, and cause them problems from the off.

On another note, I thought the atmosphere at times was great, we need to keep such European nights at the lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Was gutted when I saw the teams and that we only had 1 up top. We played well in the first half hour, and if we had a 2nd striker to support Pav, I seriously believe we would have scored. Ultimately I think when we reached half time with no return, it was game up.

The goal was a disgrace, I wont go in to it any more.

I thought Pav did very well for a fella who was on his own most of the time. VDV being allowed to do what he wants could really fcuk up our chance of getting 4th. We need to play 2 up top against Arsenal, and cause them problems from the off.

On another note, I thought the atmosphere at times was great, we need to keep such European nights at the lane.

totally agree on the striker situation. lets hope harry sees it as well as its painfully obvious at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I agree that Giles is getting forgetful. It might be time for him to call it a day soon on the panel and get someone younger like Sadlier in.

He doesn't make much of an effort to research any football from foreign teams saying something like "We haven't seen them yet so we don't know much about them".

Dunphy at least does a lot of research about European football.

Advertisement