Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what value do you think?

• 13-04-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

just wondering what value you think the following would make in the mart at the moment.

3 AA heifers average weight 260 kgs

1 AA bull aprox 380ks.

all are 100% angus but not registered. they were born last june and are looking well at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

solorpower wrote: »
    just wondering what value you think the following would make in the mart at the moment.

1 AA bull aprox 380ks.

all are 100% angus but not registered. they were born last june and are looking well at the moment?

Not an expert but just to get the ball rolling:
    €410 for the heifers (€150 with their weight)
    €630 for the bull (€250 with his weight)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭solorpower

thanks for your reply, was hoping to sell them later this week in the mart.
    was hoping the heifers will make a little more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Id say the heifers depending on quality would go a bit stronger than that round the €500 mark just IMO Locky could be right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

I'd give up to €460 and €680 for them depending on quality

Bodacious wrote: »
    Id say the heifers depending on quality would go a bit stronger than that round the €500 mark just IMO Locky could be right
    I always like to underestimate what i'll get at the mart,anything over that then is a bonus, as i say i'm not an expert and i'll be anxious to see what you'll get as i've similar cattle.
    Best of luck solorpower and keep us posted;).

• Advertisement

i hope they will at least break the €2k mark between them, anthing after this will be a bonus.
    my origional plan was to sell the heirirs later nthe year but at the proces they are making at the moment it is temping to sell, i cannot see them make nay more at the back end of the year really.

as for quality, the bull is a typical angus, with great shoulders altough a little short.
    one of the heifers is very nice and definity 300ks+ would make a great cow, her mother has buckets of milk.
    the other 2 heifirs are typical angus, stocky with short legs.

hope to take them to the mart on saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

you might be better advertise ( privatley in journal etc ) the heifers as replacement stock , plenty of demand for those kind right now , should be an improovement on thier straight beef value

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭moll3

last january i got e500 for aax hefiers 12 months old and 280kg
    so you should be looking at e550 plus and 700 plus for bull

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Bought 300kg aa heff in macroom on saturday 4 of them in bunch 595 yoyo will kill them in 3 months they were out of beef cows .the bulls would cost 100 more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Bought 300kg aa heff in macroom on saturday 4 of them in bunch 595 yoyo will kill them in 3 months they were out of beef cows .the bulls would cost 100 more.

3 months?? and they are only 330kgs now. I'm curious. What (live) weight Butcherboy do you expect to have on them by then??

I've cows calving down to angus this year, so that's why I'm interested

• Advertisement

anyone know what time macroom mart starts on saturday, what time would i want to be there to get a good selling time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Muckit wrote: »
    3 months?? and they are only 330kgs now. I'm curious. What (live) weight Butcherboy do you expect to have on them by then??

I've cows calving down to angus this year, so that's why I'm interested

yip they will be around 450 kilo then if fed properly and perfect for the butcher trade which I presume the poster is going with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

1 AA bull aprox 380ks.

I sold an AA bullock today 390kg not pure bred .He made eur 785 I was deighted with it :D

took my few animals to Macroom on saturday, plenty of buys about for all types of animals big and small, espically the small.

single angus bull 365kgs made €675
    two angus heifers 325kgs made €655
    one angus heifirs 365kgs made €705

while i know contintinental type cattle were making even more i was smiling heading home.

will be interesting to see how the next guy gets on with them......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Very Good prices alright! Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

macroom mart is one of the best at the moment . too dear for me on saturday.i saw 460 kg aa/fr bullocks make 980 .good god where is the next man going to make money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hey, well done solar on those prices, I wouldn't be too worried about the next guy, no one held a gun to his head in the ring! Lots of hobby farmers buy cattle this time of year and now they probably reckon its safer to have money in cattle than in a bank.;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Well done solorpower, that's great money.
    I've similar cattle myself (21 cattle) that i had planned on finishing but when i hear of that kind of money i'm tempted to cash in some of my chips.
    Congrats once again;).
    took my few animals to Macroom on saturday, plenty of buys about for all types of animals big and small, espically the small.

single angus bull 365kgs made €675
    two angus heifers 325kgs made €655
    one angus heifirs 365kgs made €705

while i know contintinental type cattle were making even more i was smiling heading home.

will be interesting to see how the next guy gets on with them......

Advertisement