Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Dublin 2-3 nights per week may suit couple looking to supplement income

Options
  • 13-04-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi

I've been looking on DAFT and gumtree for a while and unfortunately I havent come across what I'm looking for.

I'm commuting at the moment and finding it a bit stressful due to the nature of my job. Ideally I would like to rent a room for maybe 2/3 nights a week (and the very occasional Saturday night if out in town - this would be known well in advance). I work in Finance and do quite long hours so essentially I'm just looking for somewhere to rest the head at night as opposed to sitting into the car and driving a 90 minute commute.

I thought my situation might suit a couple who are toying with the idea of renting out a room to supplement their income. This would be a way of testing the water and seeing how it goes without totally eating into their personal space.

Ideally I'm looking for something central (Dub 2,4,6,8) with parking from June but I'm open to talking with the right people.

Feel free to pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How much are you willing to spend? I ask as it may work out cheaper getting a decent place nearby, as opposed to staying somewhere part-time. Also, can you park your car at work, or are you looking for a place with parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wgk

the_syco wrote: »
    How much are you willing to spend? I ask as it may work out cheaper getting a decent place nearby, as opposed to staying somewhere part-time. Also, can you park your car at work, or are you looking for a place with parking?

Well to be honest it would totally depend on the house and how much time I was actually spending there but I'm looking to sort something that is worthwhile for everyone involved.

As for parking, it would be preferable but not essential as I could leave the car in work (but again would depend where the house was in relation to this)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you were to get a bedsit:

www.daft.ie/21033059
    €70 a week. & minutes walk to Fatima station.

www.daft.ie/21017675
    €400 a month. 22 minutes from a LUAS station (Suir Road stop, Red Line).

www.daft.ie/2609157
    €500 a month. 7 minutes from Luas station (Ranelagh stop, Green Line).

=-=

If you didn't mind sharing the house, and just renting a room, there's a few places in D4 for €210 a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement