Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Fish and Chip restaurants in South Dublin?

Options
  • 13-04-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Looking to head out for my Dad's birthday tomorrow and as he loves his fish and chips I was wondering if there were any restaurants in South Dublin that we could go to.
    Beshoffs in town is exactly what I'm thinking of but my Mum's in a chair so it would be awkward to make it to the city centre.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

try the miami in dun laoire. reasonably large seating area. The central in blackrock also used to have attached restaurant but not sure if it is fish and chip or something more italian..

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Chelon

Burdock's in Rathmines could be a good bet. Last time I was there it was much better than the newer one in Dundrum (reheated frozen fish & no seating area so no good to you anyway).

Off topic I know but if it's a nice day why not make a day of it - get up to Howth & enjoy the superb Beshoff's up there by the harbour in the open air? No seating but join all the others on the quayside scoffing the best fish & chips ever IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fdb

Anywhere doing a good carvery lunch on Saturdays in south Dublin suitable for family group including ages 2 years to almost 80? Nice surroundings but child-friendly needed for outing this Saturday. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

There is a pub on Mountown lower in Monkstown that does a good Carvery, the name escapes me.

Plenty of room, plenty of parking and very child friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

There is a pub on Mountown lower in Monkstown that does a good Carvery, the name escapes me.

Plenty of room, plenty of parking and very child friendly.

McCormacks?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McCormacks or Bakers are a good bet and both are pretty good on the food side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fdb

Thanks to all for the tips re South Dublin carveries. Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Yea, I'd second McCormaks or Bakers, food is generally good enough there.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Turlock wrote: »
    Looking to head out for my Dad's birthday tomorrow and as he loves his fish and chips I was wondering if there were any restaurants in South Dublin that we could go to.

There's a Leo Burdocks in Dundrum - don't know if it has seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Bakers would be nice but don't bring them tehre if there's a big footie match on! Be jammed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Chelon

p15574 wrote: »
    There's a Leo Burdocks in Dundrum - don't know if it has seating.

No seating + reheated fish(not fresh) ugh!

Merrion Inn used to have a carvery + lovely a la carte lunch menu - not sure if child friendly but you could ring them.

Also The Goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

Cheers guys, I'll let you know where I choose and how I get on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

That's the chap.
    p15574 wrote: »
    McCormacks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Slightly off your radar but try Cassoni's on Bray seafront. Great food and very popular. Even with slices of bread for the sangwich if you so desire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheQuay

i know this is an old thread and my post is slightly off topic but i wanted to let you know about our fish shop in Dun Laoghaire (yes the one at the end of the harbour!)

we open 9-5 Tuesday - Friday and 9-1 Saturdays. We dont open mondays as no fishermen work sundays, we only sell the freshest fish.

Feel free to drop in, mention that you heard us from here and we will look after you. We will be launching a website shortly too.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

where exactly is this? The end of the harbour is a bit vague...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

traders wharf, it's a smaller pier over by the west pier, you can drive right down to it, has a square-ish building at the end of it & trawlers docked on the left hand side.

Advertisement