Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 3 public beta information

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Working great so far. We'll see how the servers stand up to the higher traffic levels later on. Liking the Battlefield style awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Agreed. This is really, really good. It's what Gears 2 should have been.

It's more fast-paced than Gears 2, everything runs smooth (servers are heavenly), and it's actually fun to play (whereas I felt Gears 2 was difficult to get into - if I could ever find a game)

My first LOL was for an award

Carmine's Star - Most headshot deaths in a round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

Can't get in until next week. Grr...

Is the Sawn-off good? The long reload and small capacity and range make me think the Gnasher is still the better of the two.

r0cks0l1dd wrote: »

Is the Sawn-off good? The long reload and small capacity and range make me think the Gnasher is still the better of the two.
    I tried it once, and got nowhere with it. You miss? Screwed.

I'm sure it's extremely powerful if you know how to use it. Evidently, I don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

r0cks0l1dd wrote: »

Up close it can't be beat, but miss and you're screwed due to the reload time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The sawn off is getting really annoying for me already, very overpowered. It seems to be the weapon I'm getting killed by the most which I guess isn't helping matters! :mad: Other than that, no complaints from me, it's so much fun to play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wasn't that suppost to be out today? I clicked on that thing. And it just tells me: gow 3 beta is coming soon... Make sure to have 2gb free etc... WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

i traded in bulletstorm, will i still be able to play the gow 3 beta or do i need the bulletstorm disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rey619

da gamer wrote: »
    i traded in bulletstorm, will i still be able to play the gow 3 beta or do i need the bulletstorm disc?

Yeah,I think you need the disk.

You need to have a Bullet Storm Epic Edition disc, standard does not have the beta option. You launch the beta from the Bullet Storm game menue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Triple kill with the sawn-off = feelsgoodman.

Triple kill with the sawn-off = feelsgoodman.
    I finally started using it yesterday, got one double kill. C'mon, triple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

never do any pre-order before so just a quick question about how you guys do the pre-order and get the beta?

kk887 wrote: »
    never do any pre-order before so just a quick question about how you guys do the pre-order and get the beta?

As far as I know only Gamestop are doing the pre-order beta deal. Basically all you do is ask to pre-order the game. I think you pay up 5-10€ off the price of it and they give you a code that you enter on the 360 dashboard on the 25th and then you get the option to download the beta.

The beta will be a 2GB download as 2 new maps and a new game mode will be added on the 25th. The current beta has 2 maps, 1 mode and is only 500Mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

As far as I know only Gamestop are doing the pre-order beta deal. Basically all you do is ask to pre-order the game. I think you pay up 5-10€ off the price of it and they give you a code that you enter on the 360 dashboard on the 25th and then you get the option to download the beta.

The beta will be a 2GB download as 2 new maps and a new game mode will be added on the 25th. The current beta has 2 maps, 1 mode and is only 500Mb.

I got mine from Game. I put a fiver down on the pre-order of gears and got handed a key for Beta beginning the 25th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Current beta doesn't only have two maps

I've played four

Old Town, the stadium one, trenches, and the one in the supermarket

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Current beta doesn't only have two maps

I've played four

Old Town, the stadium one, trenches, and the one in the supermarket
    I call bullcrap. Did you get one of those early VIP codes for access last week? If so, you could have played them before, but now it's just Checkout and Thrashball for this week. Next week, we get a new map and game mode.

The four maps are there, but only two are currently in rotation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Healium wrote: »
    I call bullcrap. Did you get one of those early VIP codes for access last week? If so, you could have played them before, but now it's just Checkout and Thrashball for this week. Next week, we get a new map and game mode.

The four maps are there, but only two are currently in rotation

Call bullcrap all you like, I was playing it on Sunday, and had four maps

Sure I'm probably just spoofing though :rolleyes:

the game? the gamestop? are they both doing it?
    the one nearby me is gamestop...

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Call bullcrap all you like, I was playing it on Sunday, and had four maps

Sure I'm probably just spoofing though :rolleyes:
    Yeah, LAST week. This week, it's only Team Deathmatch, on Checkout and Thrashball. Anyone with a VIP code got to play the full beta last week, but now you're stuck with the same maps and modes as the rest of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

kk887 wrote: »
    the game? the gamestop? are they both doing it?
    the one nearby me is gamestop...

Yeah they're both doing it, but there was also one meant to be given out when you registered on gamestop.ie but I didn't get mine yet:( did anyone get theirs in an email today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

leemurta wrote: »
    Yeah they're both doing it, but there was also one meant to be given out when you registered on gamestop.ie but I didn't get mine yet:( did anyone get theirs in an email today?

I got mine a week or more ago from gamestop.ie, check your spam folder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

How do all you brown-nose lamers get codes? Who you hopping into the shower with? How do I get promoted to being a posh totty? I want codes.

Sweet! Trenches got released early, an hour ago. Haven't found a game on it yet, people need to start new lobbies

leemurta wrote: »
    do i need to register in the gamestop.ie?
    or just tell them I need the beta code when I pre-order it?

also one more last thing, on their site only let you pre-order the epic edition(which is too expensive)...so if I do the walk -in can I pre-order the normal special edition?

Just to say that Old Town is in circulation, too. So, all 4 of the beta maps are now available. Epic were only supposed to release Trenches, so go enjoy Old Town while you can. It could be gone tomorrow, and you might have to wait a week or two to play it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    How do all you brown-nose lamers get codes? Who you hopping into the shower with? How do I get promoted to being a posh totty? I want codes.

Pre-ordered my copy of gears of war 3 in game ( €5 deposit ) and was handed a beta code on the spot , does not start until the 25th .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

Feel sorry for all you guys starting the beta on Monday, you guys gonna get raped! :p

Had some games on Trenches tonight... ugh what a horrible map that is!

Thought they might have kept the best for last but apparently not.

phant0m wrote: »
    Feel sorry for all you guys starting the beta on Monday, you guys gonna get raped! :p

Had some games on Trenches tonight... ugh what a horrible map that is!

Thought they might have kept the best for last but apparently not.
    I'm level 15, and I'm still getting my ass handed to me....

...but at least I have a golden Retro lancer :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

Healium wrote: »
    I'm level 15, and I'm still getting my ass handed to me....

...but at least I have a golden Retro lancer :D

Level 17 myself... with a 1.8 k/d ratio :cool:

Heh heh, I'm rocking the gold retro lancer now too. Was actually dreading getting those 100 kills to unlock it for retail but I got them in less than 2 hours lol.

It eats shotgun rushers for breakfast :D

Advertisement