Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 3 public beta information

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

phant0m wrote: »
    Level 17 myself... with a 1.8 k/d ratio :cool:

Heh heh, I'm rocking the gold retro lancer now too. Was actually dreading getting those 100 kills to unlock it for retail but I got them in less than 2 hours lol.

It eats shotgun rushers for breakfast :D
    Same. I've been getting my kills with the charge, and just hip-firing. That thing has really good aim when you're hip-firing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Which unlocks carry over to the full retail?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Which unlocks carry over to the full retail?
    All the flaming weapon skins (+ gold retro lancer), and Thrashball Cole character. But, for the gold lancer skin and Thrashball Cole, you have to meet certain requirements. For Cole, I think you just play a certain number of matches

For the gold retro lancer skin to unlock in the retail version of the game, you need to play 90 matches, THEN get 100 kills with the retro lancer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I have about 7 beta codes for the Monday beta if anyone needs one. PM me.

EDIT: All gone.

I suggest you boot up the beta today :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Is this Beta available to all on 25th of April? And how big is the file size to download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I have no more beta codes left, all 7 snapped up pretty sharpish, if your code doesnt work ive probably made a typo so PM me, otherwise happy chainsawing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Lads anyone wanna get a party of this going tomorrow or something?

Give us an add. GT: Keno 92

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Is this Beta available to all on 25th of April? And how big is the file size to download?
    Nope, this week is closed to people who pre-ordered. The last 2 weeks are public

I got a 90MB patch for Bulletstorm, and then ~400MB patch to download the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

As far as I know only Gamestop are doing the pre-order beta deal. Basically all you do is ask to pre-order the game. I think you pay up 5-10€ off the price of it and they give you a code that you enter on the 360 dashboard on the 25th and then you get the option to download the beta.

The beta will be a 2GB download as 2 new maps and a new game mode will be added on the 25th. The current beta has 2 maps, 1 mode and is only 500Mb.

happy days looks like gamestop will be getting a visit from me :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭BARRETT.50BMG

9.33 beta still isnt live. Annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I preordered gears 3 in game and on Saturday they had code cards in the store so I got mine.

I've downloaded an 80mb file and it says I'll need 2gb free to download the file which will be available "soon".

I thought it was today? Anyone know what time I can download the 2gb file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Healium wrote: »
    Nope, this week is closed to people who pre-ordered. The last 2 weeks are public

I got a 90MB patch for Bulletstorm, and then ~400MB patch to download the beta

So the code I got from gamestop.ie for registering wont allow me to play today?? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

kevovek wrote: »
    So the code I got from gamestop.ie for registering wont allow me to play today?? :(

Try it now, Ive just started downloading the beta now (500MB):D

okla wrote: »
    Try it now, Ive just started downloading the beta now (500MB):D
    I'm still getting the coming soon screen will keep trying though!
    Did you get your download code by registering on gamestop.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

i have a code,i go in to redeem code and its not working!
    am i doing something wrong

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    i have a code,i go in to redeem code and its not working!
    am i doing something wrong

The only thing I can think of is your putting it in wrong did you receive it via e-mail or in store somewhere?
    I still cant download it yet! Anyone else on here who got there code the same way i did?

Doesnt matter,me dad is preordering GoW3 in GameStop as i type this so Im Sorted!

Ah cool mine is downloading as I type cant wait to get into this!

kevovek wrote: »
    Ah cool mine is downloading as I type cant wait to get into this!

Did you go to redeem code?

• Advertisement

WHAT THE HELL!!
    I GET MY CODE,TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT,THEN ITS SAYS ITS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY LOCATION!
    WHAT THE ****

yeh I got it 2 weeks ago and entered it then so it was in my game library but it was just a coming soon screen till today

*Feed me your tears*
    I assume you have a UK/US account? Could be region-locked

Also, the beta seems to be 500MB total. The third map, Trenches, was unlocked early last week, and the final map, Old Town, was released by mistake. King Of The Hill is up today, and I got no patch, so unless Capture The Leader is 1.5GB.... it's 500MB :p

so how do i do it

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

if anyone has a spare code I'd appreciate it! :)

so how do i do it
    Well you didn't answer me. Do you have an Irish account, and an Irish code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I got and entered the code about a month ago. I've just gone into game library and clicked on the beta and its downloading an update, I reckon I could be good...decent sized file too by the looks of it

How do you check,i think my acc might be british

How do you check,i think my acc might be british
    Well then you'll need to set up a new, Irish Gamertag, redeem the code on that account, and everyone on the console can play the beta then

Here,
    Region Specific Issues

There are three things that need to be in sync in order for you to redeem your code.
    1. Your profile has to be from the region you are trying to register. For example, a UK user can’t redeem a code for a Gamertag that was created in the US.
    2. Your PC or console has to be set to the region you’re in when you try to redeem. For example, if you are in Italy and your console or PC is set to US as the region, your code will fail to register.
    3. Your IP address must originate from a valid LIVE region and you must be geographically located in that region. For example, you can have a US profile and have your console and PC set to US, however if you are in Italy, your code will fail to redeem.

From the beta FAQ

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a 48 hour trial?

Advertisement