Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 3 public beta information

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

My Xbox live keeps signing out playing Gears, it wont let me join back in through the party on the main menu when it happens, so i have to go back to the dashboard and start it up again

It's really annoying, every 2/3 games it happens, nothing wrong with my connection, anyone else had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Nope has worked perfectly for me so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    My Xbox live keeps signing out playing Gears, it wont let me join back in through the party on the main menu when it happens, so i have to go back to the dashboard and start it up again

It's really annoying, every 2/3 games it happens, nothing wrong with my connection, anyone else had this problem?

Do you use Games for Windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

CORaven wrote: »
    I am not sure why, but all the characters have bunny hats..
    *edit* nope, full face masks
    It happened for Easter Sunday, and they simply put it live again today for the non-Bulletstorm people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How do you charge someone and kill them? What weapon can use for it? Does retro lancer works?

• Advertisement

How do you charge someone and kill them? What weapon can use for it? Does retro lancer works?
    Hold B when you have the Retro Lancer equipped

Also, it looks like the last 2 weeks won't be public beta. People already in the beta will get up to 5 "buddy tokens" to invite new people in :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

CORaven wrote: »
    Do you use Games for Windows?

I do, i haven't had issues today, maybe it was just my internet service provider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/299803/news/get-your-friend-into-gears-of-war-3-beta-next-week/

i know this may be a bit cheeky but if anyone does end up with a spare code would they mind PMing me with it pretty please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Probably better off posting in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056238274

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

I posted a thread earlier about the gears beta codes and was wondering if anyone has a spare code next week would they mind PMing me next week please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I posted a thread earlier about the gears beta codes and was wondering if anyone has a spare code next week would they mind PMing me next week please

I've merged your original thread and placed it in here. It's ok to ask if anyone feels like passing on a free code, just don't keep posting it repeatedly (as has happened before). Gets kinda annoying after a while and I'll start thinking your spamming ;)

I'll be getting a code, and I can't think of any immediate friends who might want it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This game should be called: shotgun of war - barrel roll 3.

I am done with this. I am so happy I got in to beta and I wount be wasting money on this.

Just played king of the hill which was just 2 teams barrel rolling and shotguning each ather. Holy **** I was naive, I actuolly tried aiming in this game... All I needed I just barrel roll and press shoot. Wins the one with biggest luck or best roll.

I got a lovely advice to epic: when you doing next gow, dont bother with any ather weapons. Just give shotguns. Will cut down on development spending!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The shotgun thing isn't that bad. The retro lancer counteracts the shotgun really well, just hip fire at them when they're coming at you and sweet victory is yours.

This game should be called: shotgun of war - barrel roll 3.

I am done with this. I am so happy I got in to beta and I wount be wasting money on this.

Just played king of the hill which was just 2 teams barrel rolling and shotguning each ather. Holy **** I was naive, I actuolly tried aiming in this game... All I needed I just barrel roll and press shoot. Wins the one with biggest luck or best roll.

I got a lovely advice to epic: when you doing next gow, dont bother with any ather weapons. Just give shotguns. Will cut down on development spending!
    That's funny, because this is the first Gears game that isn't just a total shotgun fest. Even hipfiring a Retro Lancer at an oncoming shotgunner will tear them to shreds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Anya has no place in the gears of war universe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

Anya has no place in the gears of war universe!

stop-postingjbx1.gif

Anya FTW! :P
    showthread.php?t=426853

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

If anyone has a spare friend token for the beta, I'll....ehm.....be your friend?

A-Trak wrote: »
    If anyone has a spare friend token for the beta, I'll....ehm.....be your friend?
    They're being rolled out now, but I never got one. Probably some US-only crap as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

im playing the beta at the moment i think its cool :) went up to xtravision and put a €5 deposit down on the game and got the code for it looked at my receipt later on and it says outstanding balance €114.04 lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've had my fill for now I think. I finished Gears 2 this time last year after getting to rank 50 in about a month, so I'm a little bit frazzled with it at the moment - hopefully September will be a long enough wait.

I managed to unlock Trashball Cole, the Gold Retro Lancer, and the Flaming skins from week 2-4. I'm not missing anything else am I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I managed to unlock Trashball Cole, the Gold Retro Lancer, and the Flaming skins from week 2-4. I'm not missing anything else am I?
    I'm one match away from thrashball cole unlocked. I keep being put as a locust.
    I don't think I'll have time to get the gold retro lancer as I need 20 or so more matches then 100 kills. I'm not that good.
    I have the flaming shotguns.

I don't think there are any other unlocks from the beta. I'm not even sure if the skins will carry over to retail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

CTL seems to have the quickest turn around for matches, rounds only lasting a couple of minutes sometimes. As for Retro Lancer kills, you can get a good number of kills from KOTH (10-30 per match depending on how you do).

I found it hard going from Lancer to Retro Lancer, but once you get the hang of it it's a powerful weapon. Skewering someone is great fun :D Hard to go back to the Lancer afterwards too.

So, the beta was supposed to end at about 10AM this morning, but it's going stronger than ever.

I've been playing Torque Bow Tag, and I love how the TB handles in this game. You leap forward? Torque Bow fires. Apparently if you die, it still fires :D I was charging it up to take on a guy 1 v 1, he downed me with a lancer, my Torque Bow still fired, and he blew up, while I revived myself :D

Also, Hammer Of Dawn is epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Healium wrote: »
    Also, Hammer Of Dawn is epic

I think it's too powerful, far to easy to kill with it..

Really enjoyed the Beta, found it frustrating at times.. Offloading a full round from a lancer on someone only for them to run off or shoot me from a distance with a shotgun and get me down... I found the strength of the weapons to be fairly inconsistent..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I just hope the servers will withstand when the game is released to the mass public, during the beta I rarely had lag, but we will see in september....

Advertisement