Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus form Cork City To Dublin?

Options
  • 13-04-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Don't live in Cork but need to get a bus from Cork City to Dublin City in a couple of days. Surprisingly, couldn't find anything on google.

Looking in particular for private bus companies that go direct with no stops i.e. express, like Citylink or Gobus from Galway to Dublin.

Also, where do they go from and how much is it? And how long does it take?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

The only company I know apart from Bus Eireann is Aircoach http://www.aircoach.ie. It's about 15 euro one way.

I know Bus Eireann have some direct buses, no stops apart from one 10 min one about half way. Think that would be your best option if you can find one. Got one by chance a while ago and it was an hour or 2 shorter than the normal bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Not really sure about private companies. The only one that I know is www.aircoach.ie bit I think they have a few stops.

As far as I know the pick up is across from the metropole Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Miaireland wrote: »
    Not really sure about private companies. The only one that I know is www.aircoach.ie bit I think they have a few stops.

As far as I know the pick up is across from the metropole Hotel.

Spot on, Used them a load of times. Very good bus company.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Aircoach are fine. Often use them from Cork to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

At peak times they'll have an express bus and a bus that makes all the stops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 EoghanGetthere

You can see all the various options here:
    http://getthere.ie/cork-dublin/

Advertisement