Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs -v- Rovers 15/04 19.35

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Two complete different readings of the same incident. Lets see what the neutrals think.

Looks like a Nazi salute at the end and fairly sure he threw papers in someones garden on the way home.

Hes a MONSTER!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

ONYD won't defend it because ONYD couldn't give a rashers. A kid who shouldn't have been there got hit by accident with a football. So what? There is always some overblown atrocity with you lot. Dry your eyes. At least he wasn't put in a coma or a wheelchair, which is what you animals do.

As for the game, a poor first half, better second half, and disappointing we didn't hold the ball better in midfield and kill off a truly awful Bohs side.

I think the Irish Times described the sending off best. "Bizarre". The ref literally did everything short of roll the ball into the Rovers goal for them.

Good to get a result in that fashion, but we really have to kill off the relegation strugglers like Bray and Bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good to get a result in that fashion, but we really have to kill off the relegation strugglerstitle contenders like Bray

Had to be done.

Lads, ignore the bitter gypos. They contrive some nonsense after every game, win lose or draw. Its tedious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lads, ignore the bitter gypos. They contrive some nonsense after every game, win lose or draw. Its tedious

Hope that ain't aimed at me...no Bohs fan here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

ONYD won't defend it because ONYD couldn't give a rashers. A kid who shouldn't have been there got hit by accident with a football. So what? There is always some overblown atrocity with you lot. Dry your eyes. At least he wasn't put in a coma or a wheelchair, which is what you animals do.

As for the game, a poor first half, better second half, and disappointing we didn't hold the ball better in midfield and kill off a truly awful Bohs side.

I think the Irish Times described the sending off best. "Bizarre". The ref literally did everything short of roll the ball into the Rovers goal for them.

Good to get a result in that fashion, but we really have to kill off the relegation strugglers like Bray and Bohs

Bitter much?? wasnt at the game but heard rovers were sh1te......regarding O'Neil the mans a horrible cnut and the sooner he fcuks off away from the league the better!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

At least he wasn't put in a coma or a wheelchair, which is what you animals do.

Our fans are better than yours lol will you ever grow up. I was at the game last night and there was absolute scum bag air heads in both supporters.

major bill wrote: »
    Bitter much?? wasnt at the game but heard rovers were sh1te......regarding O'Neil the mans a horrible cnut and the sooner he fcuks off away from the league the better!!!!!

How am I bitter? you are the ones making up stories to deflect from your own failings

Zzzzzzz to the latter. He has more class in his little toe than your entire club.

Trilla wrote: »
    Our fans are better than yours lol will you ever grow up. I was at the game last night and there was absolute scum bag air heads in both supporters.

I am not taking a lecture in thuggery from you animals.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I doubt you guys need a lecture in thuggery ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

who are you calling an animal? what you mean you animals?

How am I bitter? you are the ones making up stories to deflect from your own failings

Zzzzzzz to the latter. He has more class in his little toe than your entire club.

There you go again making swipes at bohs...The story wasnt made up though was it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Please cut out that 'They started it!' 'No THEY started it!' arguments.

If you aren't capable of discussing the game without abusing each other the thread will be locked.

I could destroy you in one post about rovers thuggery at games especially last nights one but i wont not the place for it.......both sides are as bad as each other atleast we accept we have an ''element'' and dont constantly brush it under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hope the kid is alright but it was obviously an accident.

It's getting tiring that every single match thread dedicated to tabloid type crap. It' doesn't happen on the other match threads and it shouldn't happen on these ones.

who are you calling an animal? what you mean you animals?

You animals. Bohemian fans.

The club who have allowed all their banned hooligans back in for a fee

The club who formally welcomed a Linfield hooligan gang with UVF links drink in your bars and defended it officially.

The club whose fans were jailed for a sectarian attack on an old mans pub in Derrz

The club whose fans stuck an old lady in a coma and a wheelchair for life and then denied it happened and tried to blame English fans

Despite all the bluster, Bohs hooligan problem dwarves every other Irish club. Look at them last night when they scored. A sea of Fred Perry and ripoff Burberry fighting with cops and steweards

Look at them last night when they scored. A sea of Fred Perry and ripoff Burberry fighting with cops and steweards

This is the last point I'll make on this, but if you think this doesn't happen at your club or others then you are fooking dreaming tbf. I was close by to section F in Dalymount last night... I looked over at the shed end and there was idiot Rovers fans looking over at the Bohs fans for nearly 90 minutes. They are as bad as the other. Add to that the coin (I saw it from both fans with my own to eyes) and flare throwing which is disgraceful.

Not all Bohs and Rovers fans are like you suggest.

I'd like to talk about the game though. Rovers were the better team but I expected better from them. I was worried Bohs would get hammered. Well done to Flood especially he worked his socks off. Its a shame we didnt see out the victory.

major bill wrote: »
    I could destroy you in one post about rovers thuggery at games especially last nights one but i wont not the place for it.......both sides are as bad as each other atleast we accept we have an ''element'' and dont constantly brush it under the carpet.

Rubbish. Last word and then back to the game. There are currently NO fans banned from Dalyer. That includes the Derry 4 and the granny crusher

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Rubbish. Last word and then back to the game. There are currently NO fans banned from Dalyer. That includes the Derry 4 and the granny crusher

I love the way you claim to know everything about every club. This is not true, there are many fans barred from Dalyer, many of them unfairly by Denis Maher for standing up to him. I could point you in the direction of a thread on the Bohs mb showing as such but I'm not bothered searching through it just to prove you wrong when you're clearly talking through you're hoop.
    A kid who shouldn't have been there got hit by accident with a football.

Shouldn't have been where?
    stovelid wrote: »
    Hope the kid is alright but it was obviously an accident.

I've no doubt that it was an accident, it's the fact he had to be told to come out of the dressing room to apologise to the lad is the issue I have with him. Who doesn't come straight over to apologise after something like that. Just to show how highly the young lad is thought of, the first thing Ken Oman did after his warm down was go straight over to him to ask him how he was getting on and for a chat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looks like he gestured an apology to the kid right after he kicked the ball? And then when the extent of the kid's injuries were pointed out :rolleyes:, he apologised to the man, and then the child.

Clearly just Bohs making hay out of a non-incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Leejo wrote: »
    I've no doubt that it was an accident, it's the fact he had to be told to come out of the dressing room to apologise to the lad is the issue I have with him. Who doesn't come straight over to apologise after something like that.

He apologised immediately by putting his hand up as soon as he realised the ball hit someone. The claim that he had to be dragged out of the dressing room afterwards is as credible as the claim that he kicked the ball full forced which the RTE cameras proved otherwise. Notice you have nothing to say about that.

If you want an example of someone kicking the ball full forced at someone then not apologising or even acknowledging it, look no further than your own goalkeeper a few weeks ago. Notice you weren't on here after this happened calling it "sickening behaviour from what I can only call a petty, hotheaded, bitter little man." Typical Bohs hypocrisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

"That's why we're champions" FAIL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

A justifiable chant had they won the match convincingly. But they didn't.

Still sore after the Mons game? :D

MON needs to play up front against UCD if he can shoot intentionally with that kind of accuracy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

MON needs to play up front against UCD if he can shoot intentionally with that kind of accuracy..

Don't think anyone is saying it was intentional :confused:

• Advertisement

frantic190 wrote: »

With all respect to you and the lad involved, I couldn't care less at this stage. It's getting to the point where I'm going to avoid these threads for 3-4 days after we play Bohs and Sligo. Or more to the point, when we beat them or draw with them. No wonder the barstoolers laugh at us. Do you see the Liverpool and United match threads stuffed with shite like this, week in and week out?

frantic190 wrote: »

Don't spoil their fun. Really, they're little piggy bums are sore because they know they've been taken for a ride. The match last night should have been put to sleep well before half time. They're going to use this story to cover the disappointment they feel for their model club.

Do you see the Liverpool and United match threads stuffed with shite like this, week in and week out?

They're not at the matches. How can they know what went on in the stands?

Ah, talk of 'barstoolers', a LOI thread is finally complete...

Can be closed now

Don't spoil their fun. Really, they're little piggy bums are sore because they know they've been taken for a ride. The match last night should have been put to sleep well before half time. They're going to use this story to cover the disappointment they feel for their model club.

You've picked up the lingo quick enough over there haven't you?

I only want to answer posts to do with football from this point in. Fool.ie is available for everything else.

• Advertisement

Ah I'm only messin'. You're right, football talk would be nice.

I didn't like the look of Bohs no 9. He did well but his marker wouldn't have to be very pacey or stocky to give him a hard time.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ah I'm only messin'. You're right, football talk would be nice.

I didn't like the look of Bohs no 9. He did well but his marker wouldn't have to be very pacey or stocky to give him a hard time.
    Anto? He's far from fully fit and was completely isolated, I thought he did excellently, fought for everything

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The club who have allowed all their banned hooligans back in for a fee

The club who formally welcomed a Linfield hooligan gang with UVF links drink in your bars and defended it officially.

The club whose fans were jailed for a sectarian attack on an old mans pub in Derrz

The club whose fans stuck an old lady in a coma and a wheelchair for life and then denied it happened and tried to blame English fans

Despite all the bluster, Bohs hooligan problem dwarves every other Irish club. Look at them last night when they scored. A sea of Fred Perry and ripoff Burberry fighting with cops and steweards

It's people like you who are the reason that they're bannings in these thread and why the LOI fans have a bad name in this forum.
    All of that is very selective information giving. Some might call it propaganda.
    Now let me give you some facts

Causing riots in Richer
    http://www.fm104.ie/entertainment/blogs-item.aspx?arti_guid=3723ac8a-24e8-4b05-80c5-a8d078bfd8bf
    racist chanting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fretxesAwI
    Riots in Oriel Park
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0504/dundalk.html
    Throwing a bottle a match official
    Attacking the Pats' keeper

I have time I could name more but I'm not bothered.

He apologised immediately by putting his hand up as soon as he realised the ball hit someone. The claim that he had to be dragged out of the dressing room afterwards is as credible as the claim that he kicked the ball full forced which the RTE cameras proved otherwise. Notice you have nothing to say about that.

If you want an example of someone kicking the ball full forced at someone then not apologising or even acknowledging it, look no further than your own goalkeeper a few weeks ago. Notice you weren't on here after this happened calling it "sickening behaviour from what I can only call a petty, hotheaded, bitter little man." Typical Bohs hypocrisy.

The difference between that and mon is that the guy in questioned in your video was/is not down syndrome

Another pissing contest so? Jesus.

BOHtox wrote: »
    The difference between that and mon is that the guy in questioned in your video was/is not down syndrome
    People with down syndrome want to be treated just the same as anyone else. Either you should apologise to everyone in that situation, or you apologise to noone. Since you're intent on pulling at the heart strings to score points, two can play that game: don't patronize people with down syndrome. Nice one.

Dave! wrote: »
    People with down syndrome want to be treated just the same as anyone else. Either you should apologise to everyone in that situation, or you apologise to noone. Since you're intent on pulling at the heart strings to score points, two can play that game: don't patronize people with down syndrome. Nice one.

Right so MON shouldn't have to apologize after kicking the ball at a down syndrome person on the grounds Sexton didn't apologize for kicking the ball at a able bodied person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

WTF.

Bohs people would want to cop on. He didn't kick the ball full force. He seen he hit the lad and put his hand up to say sorry. After being told that he hurt the child, he came back out to apologise once more.

The lads are clearly getting a little carried away with themselves. MON kicked a ball and it hit a fella in the face and hurt him badly - or so we are being led to believe. He shouldn't apologise to him on the grounds that the lad has a mental disability. He should apologise to him in the name of being a decent skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Right so MON shouldn't have to apologize after kicking the ball at a down syndrome person on the grounds Sexton didn't apologize for kicking the ball at a able bodied person.

He did apologise - twice. WTF are you on about?

The lads are clearly getting a little carried away with themselves. MON kicked a ball and it hit a fella in the face and hurt him badly - or so we are being led to believe. He shouldn't apologise to him on the grounds that the lad has a mental disability. He should apologise to him in the name of being a decent skin.

Which he did.

• Advertisement

He did apologise - twice. WTF are you on about?

Oh dear god
    facepalm.jpg
    Read the thread

eh no, the opposite: Sexton should have apologised, and so should MON (which he did), regardless of what medical conditions the 'victim' has.

Man what a stupid thread...

Dave! wrote: »
    eh no, the opposite: Sexton should have apologised, and so should MON (which he did), regardless of what medical conditions the 'victim' has.

Man what a stupid thread...

LOCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I support Bohs and have had enough of this abuse.

Please lock this thread.

It's people like you who are the reason that they're bannings in these thread and why the LOI fans have a bad name in this forum.
    All of that is very selective information giving. Some might call it propaganda.

Causing riots in Richer
    http://www.fm104.ie/entertainment/blogs-item.aspx?arti_guid=3723ac8a-24e8-4b05-80c5-a8d078bfd8bf
    racist chanting
    Riots in Oriel Park

Very interesting use of the term 'riot'. :)

And the 'racist chanting' has been done to death. It never happened. It was an epic fail from the bohs fans who doctored the video footage. Which leads nicely into:

The point is, after every derby, you have some incident to whine over, whether real or imaginary. In this case its taking a small incident where a kid got hit with a stray ball. It happens. Now you are using his disability to try and score points. Its typical of your lot and your permarage.

Its tedious, tiresome and predictable.

If you spent a fraction of the energy you put into trying to make us look bad into your clubs problems, you might not have them

Pal wrote: »
    I support Bohs and have had enough of this abuse.

Please lock this thread.

Whereas its acceptable to insinuate MON deliberately targeted a disabled kid for an assault?

Don't dish out the nonsense if you don't want people to react. Every derby you contrive some bullsht to paint yourselves as the victims, whereas in reality, your clubs fans have the worst form over the last 5 years. Its beyond boring now

Whereas its acceptable to insinuate MON deliberately targeted a disabled kid for an assault?

Don't dish out the nonsense if you don't want people to react. Every derby you contrive some bullsht to paint yourselves as the victims, whereas in reality, your clubs fans have the worst form over the last 5 years. Its beyond boring now

Look leave it with you, I responded to your post in the hope you'd reply by saying "not all Bohs fans are animals" but you couldnt even do that... so you are in no position to make remarks like you have been.

I'm not an animal last time I checked.

Look leave it with you, I responded to your post in the hope you'd reply by saying "not all Bohs fans are animals" but you couldnt even do that... so you are in no position to make remarks like you have been.

I'm not an animal last time I checked.

Not all. But more than any other club.

I'm not sure what I dislike more. Your hoolie problem or your organised internet warriors inventing or exaggerating stories to try and score points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Causing riots in Richer
    racist chanting
    Riots in Oriel Park

The so called racist chants against Ndo where boo's aimed at a former Rovers player i was there.One fan out of 5000 attacked the Pats goalkeeper so i take it all Rovers fans who where at the game attacked him.The so called riots in inchicore where blown out of all proportion.The bottle never hit the match offical he took a dive :D:D.

• Advertisement

paulcorr wrote: »
    The so called racist chants against Ndo where boo's aimed at a former Rovers player i was there.One fan out of 5000 attacked the Pats goalkeeper so i take it all Rovers fans who where at the game attacked him.The so called riots in inchicore where blown out of all proportion.The bottle never hit the match offical he took a dive :D:D.

Don't waste your time. They have created a narrative that they are a big club whose fans are angels compared to the louts down the road.

Reality is they have sold their ground twice to pay for their titles, have a dwindling fanbase, members are inept and have let the situation become almost fatal for the club and have the worst off the field behaviour of any club in Ireland.

Let them make up their tales if thats what amuses them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement