Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carlow social welfare office

Options
  • 13-04-2011 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

I have tried to call the Social Welfare Local Office in Kennedy Avenue in Carlow
    over the past few years. THEY NEVER ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KEEP CALLING AND GET NO ANSWER.

Tel: +353 59 917 0170

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Are you ringing inside these hours ?
    9:30 - 16:00 Mon,Tue,Wed,Fri
    9:30 - 15:00 Thur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

of course i am lol why would i do other wise hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

They rarely answer the phones so you may just bite the bullet and go down to them

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

What I did once was to pick random numbers for the last 3 digits until I got through to someone in an office. Worked for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

tonyheaney wrote: »
    I have tried to call the Social Welfare Local Office in Kennedy Avenue in Carlow
    over the past few years. THEY NEVER ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KEEP CALLING AND GET NO ANSWER.

Tel: +353 59 917 0170

They don't answer the phones as a rule down there. Highly unlikely ever to get an answer. Seemingly the place is understaffed & they don't have time also to take phone calls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    They don't answer the phones as a rule down there. Highly unlikely ever to get an answer. Seemingly the place is understaffed & they don't have time also to take phone calls.

understaffed? LOl how many people was down there signing on, employ a few of them hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They rarely answer the phones so you may just bite the bullet and go down to them
    Queen-Mise wrote: »

It is more like a long running work to rule where the staff wont answer calls to the main number as they are not receptionists. i agree with it as they are already well overstretched what with staffrecruitment embargo and the increased number of claims in recent hard times.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

foggy_lad wrote: »
    It is more like a long running work to rule where the staff wont answer calls to the main number as they are not receptionists. i agree with it as they are already well overstretched what with staffrecruitment embargo and the increased number of claims in recent hard times.

all the grades that are in the cpsu union were on a work to rule as part of industrial action and part of this was not to answer phones but this ended last year when the dept of finance reversed part of a pay cut, if its a main number you are ringing its probably a switch which should be answered 9-5 mon-fri and there should be no reason in my opinion that it is not answered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

If they're not going to answer the bloody phones, there should be an information message to say WHY!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pholland

try 059 9170185 you should get through with this number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Sorry for dragging this up again, but, seems some things never change, they still dont answer the phone! :mad: Trying to sort out an issue with the Carlow branch and I'm working regualr hours in Kilkenny (internship) I cant be taking morning/evening off to go visit for something that could be done over the phone and the one evening I was in town (yesterday) at a conference the office shut at 2pm for the day! :rolleyes:

/rant

Advertisement