If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Sound System Set Up

Options
  • 13-04-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭

Hi John

I'm looking for some info about a surround sound system.
    I have just gotten in Sky HD and now to finish it off want a good audio setup.
    The TV is Sony Bravia 40".
    The room I will be putting it in is 14'x13'.
    Any Recommendations.

Oh Budget is around €500. Maybe little more :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

bump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Lucky

Sorry we havent responded to you before now:o

I'll jump in ahead of the Richer guys...

Are you looking for an all in one Home Cinema In A Box type of system like this, the Philips HTS5560?
    hts5560_12__fv_.jpg
    This will play BR, DVD and CD's, and has the latest DD TrueHD and DTS MAster Audio codecs on board as well as FM radio and a good smattering of inputs to plug other devices into

Its sounds great as well, we have one hooked up to our 46PFL9705H in the Demo room if you wish to call in and have a listen and look at it.

http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/hts5560_12_pss_eng.pdf
    This type of system sells for €599.99 but I will do a great price on it for you if its what your after.

If on the other hand you are looking to go down the Seperates route, have a chat with either Dave or Kenny is RS, they'll be able to offer up a system that would suit your needs.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Looks interesting Ashley.
    I'm just doing some research on that set up.
    Yeah i'm not sure whether to get an all in one box system or go down the road of seperates.
    I'm an audiophile noob :D
    This type of system sells for €599.99 but I will do a great price on it for you if its what your after.
    This sounds good. Around what price would you be talking.
    I can get it from Amazon for €520 delivered :D
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HTS5560-12-Cinema-System/dp/B003VIVULG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Lucky.

Personally, I would always recommend a separates system over an all in one system as it's more upgradable, better connections and the most important of all......better sounding.

If you ask in the home cinema forum...I'm pretty certain you'll get a similar reply.

With that sort of price you could have a Yamaha RXV367 amplifier, Tannoy SFX5.1 speaker package and an LG bluray player and it would come in close to the Amazon price. If you wanted a nice upgrade, the Sony STRDH810 with the same speakers would come in at £532.84 / 625 Euro.

If you are keen to stick to the Philips system, I'm sure Ash would look at the price compared to Amazon, but I would take a look at those separates before you splash the cash.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.