Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona this year?

Options
  • 13-04-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in heading over to Barcelona to work?
    Was meant to be heading out with a mate but he got a work placement, and would prob head out on my own but would prefer to head with someone to share an apartment etc..

There are quite a few comanies out there looking for English speaking workers and it doesn't seem too hard to get work.

I have a good bit of info if anyone is up for it let me know, plan on heading out in May/June..
    PM me if interested..
    :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 farmerlove

Hey hey!

Me and three possibly four friends are heading out to barcelona round the first of june hoping to get work and find a cheap flat to rent. I went out there two weeks ago just to suss out the job situ and hand out a few cv's (holiday essentially) but it's not looking too good for work as none of us speak anything other than basic spanish. We're heading over for the summer regardless and would love to meet up for a pint to chat! What're you hoping to do over there and any tips on looking for jobs?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

farmerlove wrote: »
    Hey hey!

Me and three possibly four friends are heading out to barcelona round the first of june hoping to get work and find a cheap flat to rent. I went out there two weeks ago just to suss out the job situ and hand out a few cv's (holiday essentially) but it's not looking too good for work as none of us speak anything other than basic spanish. We're heading over for the summer regardless and would love to meet up for a pint to chat! What're you hoping to do over there and any tips on looking for jobs?? :)

what kind of work are u looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 farmerlove

Well.. Iv got quite a bit of waitressing experience, so preferably something along that line, but more realistically flyering or rep work for a club even. Im not too worried bout the type of work just finding it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

there are quite a few irish pubs in Barcelona so you might be able to get waitressing work there all right. You can find many of them here - http://www.barcelonaconnect.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 duff2690

Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    Anyone interested in heading over to Barcelona to work?
    Was meant to be heading out with a mate but he got a work placement, and would prob head out on my own but would prefer to head with someone to share an apartment etc..

There are quite a few comanies out there looking for English speaking workers and it doesn't seem too hard to get work.

I have a good bit of info if anyone is up for it let me know, plan on heading out in May/June..
    PM me if interested..
    :cool:
    hi, im heading out now in a few weeks to barcelona, flight booked for the 23may and i think i might have a couple of jobs sorted but i prob wont take them (really bad pay and i need more spanish than i let on i had) but i would be game to meet up for pints, maybe sort apartment etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement