Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Hip Hop Stars - Reema Major, Nikki Minaj etc...thoughts

• 13-04-2011 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I wanna know what the reception is of something I just noticed. A big surge in Female Rappers. I think some of them are tight, got business lyrics. I just seen it come out of nowhere. Obviously Salt n Pepa is old school originals but the new stuff in the form of Chicks like Minaj and this Canadian chick Reema Major is gettin big here in Toronto. Good feedback? changing the game?

Here is an example REema Major live in Montreal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vclgp49iABY

Are they the same game as Big players? I Wanna know whats up...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Sound quality on that's a bit iffy would have to hear some tunes to judge.

Haven't listened to a lot of them yet but Lady Leshurr is bawse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I think some of them are tight, got business lyrics.

i doubt any of them are tight to be honest:D joke

on a serious note, niki minaj as much as i dont like her music she has got some serious talent as a rapper, i liked lil kim and foxy back in the day when they coll-abed with male rappers, some of their solo stuff was good too.

but the only female rapper i liked on her own, for her own music was missy elliot, i still think she is better than all of them, you knew when her and tiimbo combined it was going to be something good, i just liked her style and she could rap her tits of aswell.

does anyone know whats going on with missy these days? as far as her releasing a new album...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

If we're going oldskool I always had a soft spot for this track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

sheehy83 wrote: »

My first thought when I read the title!

• Advertisement
Advertisement