Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to upgrade security

Options
  • 13-04-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi
    I currently have a HKC alarm in my semi detached house but as I live on my own I want to do a serious overhaul on security as there have been a spate of breakins in the area recently. A friend was recently broken into while sleeping and she went down to turn off the alarm while the burglars were still in the house . That would b my worse nightmare and hence dont turn alarm on as Id be scared to death if i went down stairs and there was someone in the house. Anyway from reading here would the signet 220 be the way to go. I also want to have a control panel in my bedroom, camera at door and possible internal cameras aswell. Also I have been looking at Titan RS on www.lightingcentre.com for external security as have a pretty decent enough car parked in avenue. Or would the best idea be to go with the likes of netwatch that do the perimetre monitoring. Budget is flexible enough once i can feel 100% safe. By the way amnt very technical so go easy on the jargon in any responses. Thanks
    Damsel in distress

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The best thing to do is get a few companys to have a look and see what your best options are. Netwatch is expensive for a yearly subscription let alone to get installed. Thousands more than hundreds for the monitoring alone. An ideal replacement for your older HKC would be the HKC Securewave. By remote setting do you mean by a keyfob or a keypad in the bedroom or access over the internet ?

Advertisement