Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Libraries and the Naxos Music Library

Options
  • 13-04-2011 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Cross post with the Carlow forum here, as it's probably more interesting to followers of the classical board than the Carlow board.

Just noticed this today when I was looking up the local library opening times online. Carlow library have an institutional membership for the online Naxos Music Library. This means that any library members can access and play anything in the Naxos catalogue for free from home.

Link here: http://carlowlibraries.naxosmusiclibrary.com

All you do is enter your library card number into the space at the top left of the page, and away you go. Couldn't believe it when I saw it, as individual access is 150-250 Euro a year. There's probably a cap on the number of people who can access it simultaneously, but this is Carlow after all, so I doubt that limit would ever be reached for classical music.

Been playing it all day as I work. Outstanding.

If Carlow library are doing this, then chances are other local libraries are too. The membership might even be country wide rather than regional, so I'd encourage anyone interested to ask their local library if they are signed up. The entire Naxos catalogue is available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The Naxos Music Library is a great resource, I get access to it through college. I'm also a member of Carlow County Library! Double access!

Advertisement