Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batteries

• 13-04-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

Hi folks .
    i have a CA 416 with alot of decent upgrades by the previous owner , a friend of mine. but one of the upgrades was a lipo battery .. which i only got couple of mags out of before it went dead ... is now useless , wont charge at all with lipo charger ... so after questioning some shop owners about the lipo battery and how much care they need i think given my experience with airsoft it would be best for me to use a standard type battery goin forward

my gun has a magpul stock which the lipo could fit , but now that i am returning to standard type battery i think the side barrel mount will be maybe my best option as i no longer have the space in the stock... can someone here advise the best product to go for that i would achive the same performance and life span for the sacrifice of having a bigger battery or is there a fool proof option out there for using lipos
    with thanks
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭eddiejn

just to let u guys know what was in it , it was a lipo 7.4v 1200 mah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lipos are great mate...as long as you don't completely run em dead there's no problems with them. Never ever run a lipo completely dead..as soon as your rof drops dramatically switch to a new one and you'll have no issues with them.
    I made the switch long ago and they're a hell of a lot lighter and more compact.
    As long as you don't leave the house with them on you'll be find.

ps...get a good make of lipo like g&p etc..
    They've a higher discharge so a better rate of fire...pretty close to a 9.6v nimh
    eg..I've two of these and extremely happy with them

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bb-battery/batteries/lithium-batteries/gandp-ep-power-7-4v-1200mah-20c-lithium-battery-tamiya-plug.html

Advertisement