Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's go to a gig...

• 13-04-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by the recent event type threadsI saw a poster for this yesterday.
    SHOCTOPUS and XEROSUN join rock n' roll forces in aid of the Special Olympics Ireland Team. We're trying to raise as much money as we possibly can to help them get to Athens, Greece this year to compete.....and we need your help!!

What do you have to do? All you have to do is show up in your legions, pay €5 at the door (all of which goes to Special Olympics Ireland, Charity Number CHY 7556) and enjoy a night of rockin' mayhem. You can also buy raffle tickets for some great prizes, and again, all money goes to Special Olympics Ireland.

There'll be drinks promotions on the night, live sets from XEROSUN (9pm) and SHOCTOPUS (10pm), after which DJ Ant (of Bruxelles notoriety) will be spinning his discs of metal until 2:30am.

So invite your friends, family, boyfriends, girlfriends, pets, enemies....whoever....and come out to support the cause.....and have a great night while you're at it

Doors are at 8:30pm and admission is €5

We hope to see you there!! \m/\m/

Proper music and inaid of a good cause. :)

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Sounds like a plan, but I don't know if I'll be around on the date yet.

And for other Anti FriendFace people it's on Saturday 7th May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Who from which band do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

None actually. However, a comedian I know sent me the link (he volunteers for teh Special Olympics).

heh heh, ah ok, just knowing the bands playing I can't imagine anyone encouraging it unless they were somehow involved :pac:

Probably a combination of seeing Bacon Zombie and the poster in quick succession had me think, "Didn't I get an invite to that... hey, there's an idea!"

• Advertisement

So... anybody else interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Galvasean wrote: »

I would but I have a communion that weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I would but I also got invited to a communion that day up here so canny make it sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

micayla wrote: »
    I would but I have a communion that weekend.
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I would but I also got invited to a communion that day up here so canny make it sorry!

Choosing communions over Rock n Roll? What happened to you two? ye used to be cool... not anymore apparently... not anymore!

I am interested, rally more troops and make it happen.

Maguined wrote: »
    Choosing communions over Rock n Roll? What happened to you two? ye used to be cool... not anymore apparently... not anymore!

Oui! Still feicin cool, hey Sir! :cool:

But the wee lad asked me directly I can't miss it. Would break his wee heart!
    Besides....from what I remember of my own one they are good boozing sessions :pac:

• Advertisement

Christian Rock, it's takin' over mannnnnn!

Well if they do Aeroplane by the Chili Peppers it might be worth going to (the Communion that is).

Still though, Communion over rocking out? Dayum!!!!!!!

edit: Actually it's been a long time since I partook in the catholic 'give kids money in exchange for their souls' programme, but don't Communions usually take place during the day?
    Go to both?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Well mine's in Kerry so making it back in time may be a little difficult:P

Also my niece can hold a grudge and I'm technically a stand-in Godmother!

edit: Actually it's been a long time since I partook in the catholic 'give kids money in exchange for their souls' programme, but don't Communions usually take place during the day?
    Go to both?

Church at 11
    Meal at whatever time it's finished in some far off town. Not sure why it aint in same town as church...but anyway!
    Drinks during and after the meal continuing on into the night....that's how it was for mine :pac:
    What if things have changed since then
    :eek:

........There BETTER be a feicin boozin session at this!!! I'm not going to church unless there is alcohol guaranteed at the end :mad::pac:

I'm the only friend of his Mothers that he actually likes apparently.
    Plus he trusts me soo much he ate the dinner I cooked which had onions and peppers included(which he hates with a passion). He said only because it was my cooking would he eat it....not even for his own mammy has he ever even attempted to try them before.
    All this after a few hours of hanging out with meh. I is finally cool.
    :cool: .....amongst 8 year olds at least :pac:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    ........There BETTER be a feicin boozin session at this!!! I'm not going to church unless there is alcohol guaranteed at the end :mad::pac:

Drink DURING church. Get some of that blood o' Christ inta ya ;)

Drink DURING church. Get some of that blood o' Christ inta ya ;)

Always wanted to taste that wine for the craic :D
    Might get on to the local priest see how I can get me a supply :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Of course, you are all going to this right?

First I've heard of it :o

Nope! Already had to cancel an event I was suppose to attend in Dublin this weekend.

Why the flip is April soo feicin busy! >.<

Kharn wrote: »
    Of course, you are all going to this right?

Surprised some more noteworthy bands didn't want to get involved, don't they realise how massive Boards.ie is?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well all those bands are Boardsies (or have some Boardsie members) which is the stipulation for joining in.

Anyway, further news to entice you all out on Saturday...

It's my birthday and if you don't come, I shall close the Nocturnal Forum, site ban all of you and cry myself to sleep....

It's my birthday and if you don't come, I shall close the Nocturnal Forum, site ban all of you and cry myself to sleep....

A worthy sacrifice. :pac:

Well all those bands are Boardsies (or have some Boardsie members) which is the stipulation for joining in.

Anyway, further news to entice you all out on Saturday...

Ah yes, but I think most Irish bands have at least one person on boards. I'd have committed my own lil outfit if we weren't on hiatus. Just think it's odd that more didn't jump on the positive introwebbbbbz publicity.

Anybody coming in tonight?

Anybody coming in tonight?

What's tonight again?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    What's tonight again?

The thing in the OP

Right lads, which one of ye pulled the lady in red??

Heh heh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

The metro-guy with the cardigan over his shirt seemed like he was in with a chance until he started dancing with another girl and that offended the lady in red, rookie mistake.

• Advertisement

The metro-guy with the cardigan over his shirt seemed like he was in with a chance until he started dancing with another girl and that offended the lady in red, rookie mistake.

Yeah, she was confident of her good looks, she certainly wasn't going to settle for someone half assing it to get a bit of action. Metro-guy lost it big time.

Advertisement