Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyecare Plus Drogheda

Options
  • 13-04-2011 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried Eyecare Plus on Shop St in Drog? I really want to get new glasses, have had mine for nearly three years. I normally go to Crilly & McGrath but found that their selection was a bit small the last time and very old womany. I went to Specsavers the last time but would prefer to use an independent local optician if poss. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭gipi

Yes, I went there a few weeks ago for an eye test and glasses.

I've had many eye tests over the years, and I thought that the eye test was very thorough. The test includes a check of the back of the eye (which requires dilating drops). There is an additional test available, which costs an extra 70 euro or something like that (I declined).

I thought that the range of frames was limited but that could have been me! A lot of the frames were very similar - the small-framed rectangular style that's quite modern looking but doesn't happen to suit my face!

There are 3 price ranges for frames (budget, mid and higher). There are also designer frames which vary in price (I didn't look closely at those prices!).

Overall, I was happy with the service I got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I went in on monday because i have an infection in my eye and the lady behind the desk was very nice, although i have a medical card and thought that i might be covered for the optician she said that she'd get the optician to look at my eye but the cost might be 25 euro. I decided to decline as i could see the doctor the next day for free.

They did a nice job on the place since it was Blacktie though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hmm, I might go in and have a kook at the glasses selection on the weekend then! Thanks for your opinions! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Homebirdx2

Hi there - I wouldn't recommend EyeCare Plus at all - very expensive, not a great selection of glasses & their aftercare is quite poor.

Keenan Optical seem quite good, I haven't heard any complaints. They fixed my glasses for free.

HTH

Hmm, might give them a miss so. Think I'll just go to Crillys and if I don't see anything i like, I'll get the prescription off them and go to Keenan's. The OH always goes to Keenan's and always has good things to say about them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BHRIAN

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Hmm, might give them a miss so. Think I'll just go to Crillys and if I don't see anything i like, I'll get the prescription off them and go to Keenan's. The OH always goes to Keenan's and always has good things to say about them!
    Hi There My young lad had problems in class not seeing the bord, took him into Eyecare plus and i was very impressed with them .I wear glasses my self and usualy go to Specsavers i taught id give them a go very friendly and nice The time the optician spent with us and explained everything to us i evan got a cup of coffee which was a nice touch
    I have to say id recomend them

In the end I stuck with Crilly & McGrath and I have to say they get 100% off me! The optician was lovely, really had time to listen to what I had to say and explained every element of the test. Was the best eye test I've ever had, and I've had a good few :)

Picked out my new glasses in there too, the optician even came downstairs to help me choose. She was very nice. Picked out a lovely pair of dark purple glasses with diamante on the side :D:D:D Picking them up today even though they were ready on Wed and I only ordered them on Sat - only cost 143euro as well :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭gipi

They sound very glamorous!! Glad you got sorted and were happy with the service!

Advertisement